• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5 tire rotation

Codhead

NAXJA Forum User
I just got 5 trxus mt's, and am interested in using all 5 in a rotation scheme; so - what is the recommended rotation order for the five? Thanks.

Spare ==> RR
RR ==> RF
RF ==> LR
LR ==> LF
LF ==> Spare

How often are you rotating? Every 2 oil changes?

I'll have to pass that back to Eagle. The tires are brand new, and have not been rotated the first time just yet. However, I had planned on doing it with each oil change...

Tires probably should be rotated every 5000 miles, but I put miles on so fast I don't do it that often. If you can rotate every 10,000 you're doing okay.

At the risk of stating the obvious, the 5 tire rotation scheme that Eagle listed will only work with tire tread patterns that are non-directional, since eventually the same tire will live on both sides of the vehicle and will be rotating "backwards".....

Oh cool! I was gonna ask the same question. What timing! Gonna have to change it tommorrow morning. I'm right at 5k miles.
:party:

Just to make sure I understand this correctly...
Spare ==> Right Rear
Right Rear ==> Right Front
Right Front ==> Left Rear
Left Rear ==> Left Front
Left Front ==> Spare

Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks! :dunce:

:viking:

Eagle said:
Spare ==> RR
RR ==> RF
RF ==> LR
LR ==> LF