• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sway bar connected off road

CStamm

NAXJA Forum User
What will I mess up, if anything, if I run off road with my sway bar connected? I have JKS quick discos. Yes, I understand that I spent all that money in order for the suspension to flex. However, if I just do a 2 minute jaunt through a mud hole or decide to hop a few curbs to avoid traffic, will I mess anything up with my sway bar connected?

nothing, you don't have to disco to offroad, i have the JSK disco's to and most times i'm to lazy to unhook them or air down.

won't hurt a thing. I ran connected for 9 months before i got discos. alls it does is add more flex capablities. Running through mud it won't matter. even rock crawlin won't matter less you want to flex. It allows you to droop more when you are disconnected.

The JKS "quicker" discos are nice because the top U-bracket sits ontop of the swaybar. I've broken the top stud on lesser quality disconnects by not undoing them when I went off-road and neaded a let of flex.

Matt

I beg to differ, I went offroading(not rock crawling) with my sway bars connected. And when my suspention bottomed out the bolt on the sway bay punched a little hole in the unibody on both sides. Again this was offroading desert style not rock crawling so maybe slow wheeling it is OK with the disco connected.

Mine punched little holes too. So now it has clearence:D LOL

This is me wheeling with them connected because i didn't know if the 34's were going to hit.
fae6eea0.jpg

This is me wheeling with them disconnected with 31's on it.
facc87d9.jpg

I’m sure it’s not a big deal the thing was not designed to have disco and it was designed to do some off road. On the other hand it dose put much more torsion stress on the unibody when you twist it up off road without disconnecting. If I don't dico I can really feel it flexing.

I bent one of the links flexing while connected.

Back