• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dirtbound Offroad

Monster Mopar

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to share my experience I had with dirtbound.

About a year ago I purchased a Mojave cut and fold rear bumper from them, the prefabbed bumper as I didn't own a welder at the time. Well to keep it short life happened and I just recently got around to getting mounted, since I screwed up my oem one I had some extra encouragement too.

I cut and folded my quarter panels and proceeded to mount up the bumper. Well after fighting with the fitment for a long while I contacted dirtbound, and talked with Walt about my problems. I had him scratching his head as to why according to there records I purchased the DIY kit and why this bumper didn't fit right. He requested to send some pictures, so I obliged.

The pictures only resulted in more confusion because of the quality of the welds and spatter left over, as well as some clear indications this bumper was not assembled correctly. Despite dirtbound's confusion as to who assembled this bumper (they didn't recognize the welds) and the invoice stating I purchased a DIY kit they trusted my word (that I bought a prefabbed bumper) and stepped up to the plate and will be sending me a new one.

Although I'm bummed that I have to wait longer, I was relieved to know that the quality of this particular bumper was below their standards. I was starting to second guess purchasing future products from them, but will be holding off on that judgement until the new bumper arrives.

Despite my initial troubles I've been quite pleased in the manner this issue was handled. Keep up the great work dirtbound! And I can't wait until the new bumper arrives.

:cheers:

Back