• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slight Vibes

00xj54

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2 inch BB (well 2 in the front 2.5 in the back) When I'm driving on highways and I get it up 60-70 mph, there are vibes. I can them shaking the dash and the mirrors a vibing.

Now with only a 2 inch lift I wouldn't expect this to happen. Is the some problem I am unaware of?

I just put equal amount of air in all my tires and I cleaned any mud out of the wheels. Althought it does seem like vibes get worse the faster I go.

They seem to be there when I am coasting. I'm in in 2X4 when I am experiencing the vibes so wouldn' that make it the rear (if at all)

Most likely its Death wobble. I had it for awhile. My problem was my trac bar was loose. Other then that search its very comman.

If it were deathwobble, he'd know it.

Could be a rear ujoint failing, it could be that your front driveshaft is getting to be worn out and sloppy - which happens a lot and is exactly what you just described. I take your username to imply your Cherokee is a 2000, which would mean the front shaft spins all the time, even in 2x4. Try removing it (8 bolts, 10 minutes) and see what happens.

I did what all these guys said first. Without the engine running have someone wiggle the steering wheel back and forth while you go out front and watch for movment. Look real close. Mine didnt move much at all but the rod end at the drag link was loose. Not much movement at all but it did help when I replaced it. Look at each pivot point. Examine everything carefully. Are the tires balanced. Are the wheel bearing assy. tight. Lift each front tire off the ground and hold the tire top and bottom and try to wiggle. I bought Eric Zappe's book on xj's. Being a noob it was money well spent. His book helped me a lot. Its not a shop manual but it has tons of good stuff. I dont know him or pump his book for him, its just TRUE. I recommend it to all noob's

Back