• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pressure switch

jeepnuts311

NAXJA Forum User
hey all,

i have plumbed my a/c compressor for OBA and am ready to finish the project, but i am wondering about pressure switches, it seems that everybody is using 90psi on/120psi off or something close to that.

i am going to have an air tank with quick disconnects and i want to be able to run impact wrenches and grinders and other sweet air tools since i live in an apt on the 3rd floor and dont have any power tools/garage.

what Psi pressure switch should i use to keep enough psi in the tank to run the tools?

-Tim

My personal experience with my A/C to OBA setup has been to increase the engine RPM's to keep up with air consumption, not neccesarily raising the air pressure.

I forgot the pressure differential on my Square D switch, but mine is set to cutout at 125 PSI. Currently running a 2.5 gallon air tank, and by sticking a penny between the throttle lever and setscrew I can run my impact to take tires on off, etc, with no problem.

Just my .02 worth...

I used a 125 on 145 off and it works great. I also wired the pressure switch to the wire that was used to idle the original ac system up to about 1000 or 1200 rpm when it came on.

MogifiedXJ said:
I used a 125 on 145 off and it works great. I also wired the pressure switch to the wire that was used to idle the original ac system up to about 1000 or 1200 rpm when it came on.

what year XJ? i would like to do that, but i have a 1990. my A/C has never worked, so i dont know if i have the fast idle switch for a/c. where can i find the wire?

-Tim

Back