• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High School/ College Student build

Man too bad you aren't local. I'd have gladly traded you my 33's for your 35's ;)

I thought thats what everyone would be thinking but I posted ad a few places and only got 2 replies. Might have lost a little on the deal but the guy paid the $20 a wheel to have them swapped and balanced so I'm happy.

Curiosity killed the cat
So my younger brother just got his first XJ, I helped him out with some paint prep and his lower quarters were completely rotten. Anyway I got a little curious and pulled my bumpers end caps off. I was not very happy with what I found
Passenger side (Completely rotten)

Driver Side (Dented)

Looks like a cut and fold will be in my future

Try running the duracraps on the rocks compared to the bfgs. BFG takes the cake hands down. The goodyears are almost guaranteed to tear.

Don't mean to clog the thread but I haven't noticed any unfavorable chunking or wear on mine. Two trips to Harlan running trails at the limit a 35" tire can take me and they are still all good. I know they have been roughed up because I scratched the JK aluminum wheels all to hell after one weekend.

I also put a brick under my pedal because I am afraid the dana30 will :flame:
The BFGs I had when I went there did extremely well too :cheers:

Don't mean to clog the thread but I haven't noticed any unfavorable chunking or wear on mine. Two trips to Harlan running trails at the limit a 35" tire can take me and they are still all good. I know they have been roughed up because I scratched the JK aluminum wheels all to hell after one weekend.

I also put a brick under my pedal because I am afraid the dana30 will :flame:
The BFGs I had when I went there did extremely well too :cheers:

Yeah, Ive been happy so far. Like I said I don't have a ton of money to spend so as far as tires go as long as I have tread I'm happy.

Also Im in NH so I don't do too much hardcore rock crawling mostly just trails and sometimes some mud

You need to fix that trackbar !!!

Tell me about it. The jeeps off the road right now because I'm heading back to school. Spring Break I'm going to try and upgrade the steering and put a new track bar/ Track bar bracket for the axle.

I actually broke my track bar clean off a few months ago on a stump under some mud :doh:

I was refering to "losing" the relocation bracket, it's throwing your angles off plus they are junk!

Went a little crazy today after discovering my quarter panel rust. Decided to check my floors because I know my windshield had been leaking. So I went crazy and pulled my seats and carpet out. Floors are in decent shape, drivers pan needs a wire brush and paint but I wasn't too upset.

Well I go back to school tomorrow so looks like it will have to sit for a few weeks
Here's how I'm leaving it.

Snow Day, I'm at school away from my jeep but thought I'd post some pics of the old jeep back when I'd spend my snow days shoveling for a local landscaper.
IMG_2261_zpsojyafp0h.jpg
[/URL]\

IMG_2255_zpsrwowltca.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_2248_zpszwtsfdqq.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_2086_zpsnnbjloqo.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_1710%202_zpsoyuhbbqq.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_1711%202_zps4lfdp1we.jpg
[/URL]

Also my favorite part of my red jeep

Rolling Windows, I had a heck of a time with my power doors in my old jeep, had to drive around in the rain with all the windows down a few too many times. (turns out my passenger door controller was busted and shorting the system) I won't be having that problem again.

Back