• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motor or Trans mount?

Kiefer316

NAXJA Forum User
just wondering if this looks like the motor or tranny mounts are bad when ever i go fast off a light it makes a loud noise and its the elec fan off one of the pullys or its the clutch fan on the rad not quite sure...
i384te.jpg

Looks like your motor mounts are TOAST!!! Replace them ASAP!!

Bomb proof mounts are great, but pricey. Autozone has regular rubber replacements for about 30 bux and they have a lifetime warranty.

Poly mounts are good, but probably not for most DDers.

im going to be goin with M.O.R.E. mounts cause that gives me a little height so i wont have to get a TC drop when i get my lift...unless they just make regular ones... i kinda figured cause the XJ had been in an accedent by the PO

well went and gave it a better look it is not the motor mount those look brand new but i noticed a spot where the block meets the mount there are 2 bolts that are broken cant get a good pic of it tho

You need the lifetime guarentee on AutoZone mounts because they are crap & you will be replacing them. Over & over untill you buy good ones. If you have broken bolts on the block it's a pita if there isn't enough left to get vice grips on. You will have to use an angle drill & the dreaded E-Z out. I had to deal with one that had a broken boss. I'm embarrassed to say we used J-B weld and two years later it's still holding up[not on my Jeep though] I believe M.O.R.E. has an awesome repair bracket for this problem, I've seen pictures posted on modified tech. I wished I'd known about them when I was dealing with this fairly common problem.

Okay, you've got the broken bolt problem. Once you get the stubs out, replace both motor mount and the trans mount. Don't count on any of the old ones being usable.

Back