• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do on your Jeep today? Sept 2017

Well I did this after nacfest, building the new axle now.

STROKER

attachment.php

Hmmm pic not workin for me bro.

Edit: Stupid iPhone auto corrected.

Last edited:
Started stripping off the funk for a headliner replacement. Man this foam is nasty

e96ac2db66c92aed8e1968b586e63aeb.jpg

I need to do this also but I want to monstaline the headliner instead of fabric -- now that you can see the headliner insert, do you think it could be painted -- will monstaliner stick and hold to it

Obviously I haven't pulled mine yet

Did you upgrade to the transparent D60? LOL, just kidding, what are you putting in again?

I need to do this also but I want to monstaline the headliner instead of fabric -- now that you can see the headliner insert, do you think it could be painted -- will monstaliner stick and hold to it

Obviously I haven't pulled mine yet

I would say it can definitely be painted. It's just a big ol fiberglass board. I've got mine mostly stripped of foam, but it's still tacky. Might have to get a sander out to put a better finish on it for the foam backed fabric to adhere.

Put ebrakes in the MJ and vacuum bled the lines. Only one leak so far and it tightened right up. Cleaned up some of the grounds on the XJ. Still have a few to go but hoping that fixes the renegade voltmeter.

Finished gluing down the headliner (needed a second can of the Permatex adhesive) and then installed the headliner.

09ad4239c3221c0a7d40313b299120b9.jpg

It’s not perfect, and I should’ve made sure the saw horses were clean before I turned it over into them but I’m pleased.

Overall I’m happy with the material, it’s a bit darker than stock so I may end up relining the visors to match.

Good tip to remember, be sure to leave about 2” of material at the front edge so you can fold it over and glue it to the back to give a nice front seam.

63e23aadede4651dcb7a87a9f1623f52.jpg

bd27739d1293aa16cd208c6c3a935fe4.jpg

14c549e97dedc95915e12be5f47722bb.jpg

I'm still thinking I'm gonna monstaline my headliner...

Tomorrow I start to take pictures so I can participate in this thread -- who are you using for image hosting now that photobucket has gone tits up

Last edited:
I'm still thinking I'm gonna monstaline my headliner...

Tomorrow I start to take pictures so I can participate in this thread -- who are you using for image hosting now that photobucket has gone tits up

I use Tapatalk to browse the forums from my phone. It has an auto photo upload feature but I can’t remember if that’s because I paid for the app or if anyone using the free version can too. There are other hosts out there like imgbb and tinypic. Give them a try

Back