• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Saturday Sept. 30th Medium difficulty run

peterjford

NAXJA Forum User
I am picking up my XJ, Purple Is The New Chrome, tomorrow morning. The next free day I have is Sept 30th. I would like to take it out on a "kid safe" run, like Cleghorn, doing all the hard stuff. My wife hasn't blocked off the date yet so right now it's about 75% that I can go.

Is anyone else free on the 30th?
Any trail suggestions?

*** warning ***
If we do Cleghorn, 2N49, or 2N04 I will stop and pick up ALL trash I find.
On other trails I will only pickup stuff when we stop.

If the other AAT regulars want to make this an official AAT run, let me know and I will see if that is possible.

I'm up for some AAT work. I just fixed the mustache so I may stick *mostly* to the main trail.

I appear to have the 30th free at the moment. Sarge says he can cancel his previous engagements.

I should be able to make it. I've played around on everything Pilot Rock and 2n17x have to offer but for no real reason I haven't done Cleghorn yet. This will be wife dependent since I took a day last weekend for Mottino. Will post up when it's confirmed.

Been wanting to check Cleghorn out but haven't had anyone to do it with.
It would give me a chance to check out Peter's new frame stiffeners too.
I'm in if you guys don't mind a rookie (compared to you guys) tagging along.

I've got a long drive from Ventura County, where's the best place for gas before reaching the staging area? That is assuming you'll meet at exit 129 off the I-15?

I've got a long drive from Ventura County, where's the best place for gas before reaching the staging area?

Devore Road is probably your closest gas. It is off the 215, just before the 15 merges in, and it looks like there is an exit ramp for it from the 15 northbound as well.

I wish I could make the run, but that day is a countywide, mobile transmitter hunt, and I think my T-case is suspect number one in the strange noise department.

Oh, you said noise. Never mind.

I've got a long drive from Ventura County, where's the best place for gas before reaching the staging area? That is assuming you'll meet at exit 129 off the I-15?

Devore Road is probably your closest gas. It is off the 215, just before the 15 merges in, and it looks like there is an exit ramp for it from the 15 northbound as well.

Sierra Ave off I15 is much easier to navigate on and off. Choice of Shell, Arco, Chevron, or Valero.

Put me down as a tentative yes for this run. It'll depend on my progress on a couple of projects between now and then.

The wife hasn't said no, but she didn't say yes either...

Meet at the Cleghorn trailhead on the east side of the 15 at the Cleghorn off-ramp at 8:30.

AAT (Adopt-A-Trail) attire suggested: hat (hard hat if you have one), close toed shoes, gloves, long pants and long sleeve shirts.
If you have a "grabber", or something to pick up trash without reaching into rattlesnake infested bushes, bring that too.

I will bring trash bags and loppers. I don't plan on doing any brush clearing, but I do want to pick up all the trash we find.

Comms will be 2m: 146.585 Simplex and CB if necessary.

Bring drinks and some lunch. I might bring extra string cheese and BBQ chips, depends on how hungry the kids get on the way up.

I will hopefully remember to bring John's overhead console.

Me too.

The run is still on for Saturday. I plan to be at the trailhead at 830, but it depends how many pp stops the boys need on the way. I hope to be on the trail around 900. It's the Cleghorn exit off the 15. I will have trashbags for anyone that wants to help with the AAT cleanup.

I haven't had time to paint the roll cage or rockrails this week, so I guess the light surface rust will protect the parts from the rocks. I have most of Sunday to get started and at least get some primer on the exterior parts. The purple will go on next weekend.

Didn't tell your phone or didn't ask your phone?

Back