• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just got ahold of a weird XJ???

spat70

NAXJA Forum User
My buddy is a car dealer and I went with him to the auction yesterday. There were 10 XJ'S!!!! I spotted a strange 99. I dont know if it is a sport, classic, or ?????????

99' 2 Door dark purple 4x4 tan interior 109k
No racks, but has the ribs in the center, no rails.
Power windows
Power locks
cruise control
base radio
Cluster has all the gauges, not the idiot type.
newer style 15x7 alum wheels (not challenger, the rounded spoke style.)
factory tow package

The carfax I pulled said one owner...U.S. gov.
So was this a custom order???

now for the good stuff. Ramsey 8000# winch
Brushgaurd w winch mount
Gas skid plate
front skid plate
transfer skid plate
red top batt

I bought it...:party:

My 97 had nasty piston slap, knock and was sucking the life out of me. I had to dump it.

Any ideas on what i bought????? I will post pics soon.

3900, the other ones went for 4300 and up! I got this one cheaper b/c of the ugly brush gaurd, and the front end sagging from the winch.
cash for clunkers sucked up a bunch of xj's and the prices have gone way up....

Last edited:
upcountry or police package?

What does it have for axles? Sounds like upcountry or police package, or maybe custom for the government, I am pretty sure the gov and USPS ordered enough that they got to pick and choose options pretty nicely. Does it have a floor mounted gearshift or steering column mounted?

If it's the police package, look for a switch that will kick the idle speed up to around 1k RPMs (it grounds a pin on the ECM.)

Cherokee were popular with Government also, I have seen -
PD
FD
DEA
US Marshall
US Forest Service
DNR
US Dept of Agriculture
City, County, and State

Some were just civilian Jeeps, some were UpCountry with the np242, and some were like yours with no roof rack, base am/FM radio (no rear speakers), and power options.

Last edited:
Cherokee were popular with Government also, I have seen -
PD
FD
DEA
US Marshall
US Forest Service
DNR
US Dept of Agriculture
City, County, and State

Some were just civilian Jeeps, some were UpCountry with the np242, and some were like yours with no roof rack, base am/FM radio (no rear speakers), and power options.
MIne was some sort of state vehicle. It had the motorola antenna on top but had all 4 speakers, no rear defrost and strobes in the lights. It has PW, PDL and no cruise.

I am charging my cam pics soon. Its not the up country, I think it was USPS. It does have carpet but there was a light mounted on the roof. But Purple? why would they order that color?

I just bought a 99 limited up country too! Green with leather... My buddy just said I could sell Jeeps on his lot. He ordered 3 loads of mulch for the back of the lot. I was going to make a big mound to park all of the XJ's, Grands and Wranglers...

So I have a jeep car lot now...how cool is that!

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002-1.jpg

IMG_0003-1.jpg

IMG_0004-2.jpg

Last edited:
Man, that is nice looking....I love that two-tone interior. Great find!

Back