• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

early model flares on late model

N8N_99xj

NAXJA Forum User
will they work?

I'm giving up on my '99 as it is apparently unfixable but I am looking for another late model so I don't lose my skid plates etc.

I have a Rigidco bumper in my storage locker that I never installed as it wouldn't fit on my '99 due to an odd gas tank on that particular vehicle. Would like to install that (as well as all the other crap I added to my '99 e.g. heated mirrors, stereo, speakers, cruise, fog lights etc.) on whatever I get. To make the thing look more finished if I install that bumper, would early model rear fender flares bolt onto a late model?

thanks for the advice

Be a lot easier to buy the same model and year ,for you will have a ton of parts when needed.Just a thought

that's what I'm doing, but I never had the lack of the wraparound bumper trim sorted. I just slung a Curt hitch on the '99 but kept the Rigidco bumper in my storage locker because that's kind of hard to sell unless I find a local buyer. going to look at an '01 this weekend wish me luck!

The Rigidco was intended to go on the '99 and would have fit perfectly except the gas tank interfered with one bracket. I believe my '99 was originally a forest service vehicle and as such had a lot of weirdness about it that made it different from a normal '99. This is why I need to get a new one; the PCM died and we can't get it to run without a CEL for a leak detection pump that doesn't exist. I'm giving up; I'm going to have it towed to my buddy's shop and buy a better looking body (this one looks like shit anyway) and transfer over all the good stuff that either the '99 came with (skid plates mostly) or that I've added to it (heated mirrors, stereo, speakers, heavy battery cables, Optima, fog lights, cruise control, aftermarket mirror with vanity lights and compass, the list goes on...)

Last edited:
Back