• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Little Bit of Armor Added and Bumper Build

macs97XJ

NAXJA Member #1247
Well after I took a little body damage, yeah I know it's going to happen, but I want to limit it to as little as possible. I purchased and installed the Warrior lower body panels in black, and installed the RC Rock Sliders (which I will modify at a later date to attach to pinch seam).

4oll.jpg

A little closer look

14y3i1g.jpg

An update on the rear bumper status. After waiting for the company to produce the rear bumper to match the front (not going to happen), I started the building process for the rear.

Same Tube style as front, 2" top and 1 1/2" bottom, with the angled look. Building like the front with the 3 piece design, with the middle bolted onto the body using 1/4 steel plating for mouting to the back, and adding the sides of the bumpers which will be angle around the sides of the body, with 2 shackles. The sides should be built this weekend (hopefully).

(These of from my Cell, so crapy pics)

t5k8s2.jpg

The only thing I did not do was place the small curve into the bumper that the body has in the rear. Once it is all finished, I will come back across the back body and cut and pop-rivet some black diamond plate to fill in the roughness of the body.

2usznzq.jpg

Once this is built, I will look into placing a tire mount onto the bumper to get if off the roof. Inside will eventually be caged, but 1st things 1st, new 4 1/2" lift sitting inside garage awaiting the bumper to get completed. To many projects at once just adds to the madness.

mac

Last edited:
My only concern about the side pieces for the bumper is going to be strength, I want to build this to withstand the corners sliding over rocks, so I am still working on other ideas on strengthing the corners.

It's my wanna be Hemi stripes.

Mac

Bruno™ said:
Thats exactly what I was thinking haha.

x2.
Now it just needs to be lime green.

:yelclap:

~Scott

Back