• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gorman Aug 1-2

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Looking to go up to Gorman on August 1st in the evening, stay the night then do some wheeling on Aug 2

This will be my one chance for summer wheeling. Who's in?

sounds good

even if you can't regear, bring it.

Not so sure about that, I've gone to 33's with steel wheels and the difference is Night and Day from my alloys and 32's on stock gears. Its ok driving on the street, but I'm not sure it would make it up the hill to Gorman! :)

Jason what did you do with the 32's and alloys?

RobertF said:
Anyone have a D44 carrier with the 3.92 or deeper offset so we can gear Jason's (GauchoMD) axle for Gorman?
They make "thick" gears so that you won't need a carrier change--------Hans

Oatmeal said:
They make "thick" gears so that you won't need a carrier change--------Hans

I've already got "standard thickness" 4.56's for the D44.
Saving for a Detroit, but an open carrier would help for now.

bump.

whats in gorman besides hungry valley?
also, to anyone in the know about hungry valley, is there more to this place then their little triage course and the elusive water crossing?

xcm said:
whats in gorman besides hungry valley?
also, to anyone in the know about hungry valley, is there more to this place then their little triage course and the elusive water crossing?

umm.. yeah.

Its a pretty big open area, there's some of everything... including the start point for the Miller Jeep Trail.

Planning on heading up this evening.

still havent made it up that way(miller jeep trail), thanks for reminding me!
its just up the 5 from castaic, which i frequent.

well, that was a waste.

drove up last night, sat in 3 hours of traffic only to have my tent poles break when i tried to set it up.

went home in frustration.

Back