• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clutch / Brake Pedal differences 91/98

yellowoctupus

NAXJA Forum User
I'm doing an AX-15 swap from a '91 to a '98 Cherokee, and have most of my questions answered from searching, but haven't had much luck figuring out pedals. If the entire assembly is swapped over, will the '91 hanger / pedal assembly work in my '98, or if not, are there modifications that can be done to make it work?

I have no problem with doing a reasonable amount of fab work if necessary, but this is for my wife's DD, so I'm trying to do some research and have those 'SURPRISE!' problems out of the way first, so her car isn't disabled very long while I do the swap.

So to answer my own questions once again.... they're a bit different. The upper attachment point on the earlier pre 97 models has two bolts that thread in horizontally, four on the booster, then a support bracket that hangs off the side for the clutch master. The 97+ models have the four on the booster, but the 'upper mount' attaches on a set of vertical studs. They didn't appear to be a quick and easy fab job as well, I measured something else a bit different, maybe it was the main pivot to brake pin distance was different by a lot? Don't remember now, sorry.

Back