• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HD Offroad Rocks!!! (Shackle Relocation)

XJRN

NAXJA Forum User
I just want to pass along huge KUDOS to Brian with HD Offroad. We installed his shackle relocation boxes on my 99 this past weekend. And yes I said WE. He had me over to his place and helped me do this. There has evidently been some people concerned about the fitment on the later models so he took the time to want to see this for himself how it was fitting. We had LOTS of problems....absolutely not the fault of the boxes, but the fault of my heep. Shackles bolts were seazed in the collars, hitch bolts were snapping off, etc. After getting new shackles (Rough Country) and nut strips (JCR) we were able to put them on without a problem. He cut some material off the box to square it up and did very little massaging to the stock box and that was all that was needed for it to bolt right up. He welded them in for me and I was on the road. All in all, I think it took about 3 hours. (+ a little time for me to pull my bumper off ahead of time)

WOW! I could immediately tell the different. I am still on short arms so the front did not change obviously but there was a very noticable ride difference in the rear. I did get a little lift out of it with the boxes and the shackles, but I was sagging about 3/4" anyways. Now I am about 1" higher in the rear. It really is not that noticable though.

So thanks Brian! Awesome product. Awesome customer service.

the rear shcakle location will not have any effect on the pinion angle, except for the slight amount of lift you gain from the boxes hanging lower. All it does is make the shackles have a much better angle than factory, especially with lift springs/extended shackles.

what material did he have to cut off? was it this little corner?

IMG_0008-10.jpg

I did nothing to the shackle boxes I supply, he is referring to the stock shackle hangers, all we had to cut off was the lip around the box.

I will add a fourth hole to the boxes I supply for that 4th hitch bolt, in later model xj's.

Glad you like the ride.

Back