• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sye for different lifts

whitexj98

NAXJA Forum User
so i have about 5 inches of short arm hacked together lift on my 98 cherokee and i need a sye kit, but i eventually want to go to about 6.5 inches long arm lift, my question is will the drive shaft sye length with the 5 inch lift work with a biger lift or will i have to have another drive shaft made for the bigger lift?

It depends on your rear spring and axle location. Stock springs swing the axle forward a little when it droops, so you won't really know until you isntall your new springs.

How much can you lengthen your current d-shaft at right height right now?

get the SYE for and driveshaft for what you have right now...

then when you decide to 'get more lift', take the driveshaft to a driveshaft shop and have them make adjustments...

I usually like about an 1-1.5 inch compression available at ride height, and that usually leaves 1.5-3 inches for lenghtening (droop). If you get a long spline shaft made with extra travel and leave an extra inch available to lenghten I think it'll be fine.

I bought my DS from Dirk at www.dpgoffroad.com He has his DS made by a local to him DS shop, called PowerDrive. I told him when I orderd it, that I was at 3" and planned to go to 5.5" down the road. I took a few measurements for him and the DS was made accordingly. No problems at all.

Hale

Back