• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hall effect circuit

tealcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, so the turbo stroker is coming together, its time for fuel management. Im going to be running megasquirt II v3.0, it has the ability to control fuel and spark via 1 signal, cam or crank. Now jeep crank sensor suck ass, so i decided to go w/ the cam. its a bank to bank injection system, fires 3 then 3 (actually up to 6 and 6). anyway, the stock renix ecm sends 7.1v to the cam sensor, has a ground, and a return signal. the megasquirt wants a 12v return from the hall effect sensor. Will 12v damamge the stock cam sensor?

Oooo...good question.

I would assume that it's working off a transistor in there, which should be pretty tolerant of the voltage, especially considering it's a low-current application. 7.1v sounds weird to me though because most of the ranges I work with on a daily basis are logic hi/lo (0-5VDC) or an HTL-based thing (8-30VDC).

Post back if you find out anything, because I'm going to be doing a pretty built stroker myself in the near future....'cept the option I'm leaning towards right now is to build it for propane usage with pretty high compression and lots of timing advance. Not much fuel management needed there.

Did you ever make any progress with the clutched AW4?

ill pop 12v to it and see if it explodes lol.... ill let ya know ;)

as far as the clutched aw4, havent even started thinking about, it. the turbo is on tho, i dont know if youve poked around in the street section, but most of these guys dont, so ill post the pics here too so they can see the real deal.

DSC00549.JPG

DSC00550.JPG

DSC00551.JPG

DSC00558.JPG

DSC00559.JPG

DSC00560.JPG

DSC00562.JPG

And I'm guessing the turbo housing and intake tube are far enough back to clear the steering box & shaft, right?

Looks pretty clean though. I dig it. What's the turbo from, and are you going to source a vacuum pump from anywhere? Or hydro-boost brakes, perhaps?

we dont know about how it fits in the jeep yet. but its as close to the block as it can be, so well see what happens. right now im workin on a new bracket to mount the wastegate actuator to, so i can rotate the compressor housing if needed. it SHOULD clear the frame rail, there fore it will clear the steering w/o and issue. the steering box is miles infront of it.

as far as the vac, im just running a check valve in the brake booster line, the booster will hold enough vac for 3 or 4 brake pumps..... i think that many is way over kill, how often are you going to hit the brakes while on the gas, building boost, the only reason i see is for a launch, and im prolly going to do a line lock for that.

Back