• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FOR SALE: 63mm Bored 4.0L Throttle Body and Matching Throttle Body Spacer

92westshady

NAXJA Forum User
[highlight]FOR SALE: 63mm Bored 4.0L Throttle Body and Matching 63mm Throttle Body Spacer.[/highlight]
The throttle body is a stock 4.0L throttle body that has been bored out to 63mm. This throttle body is bored out as large as possible and a new matching diameter throttle plate has been added. Just swap over your sensors and you are good to go. Also included in this sale is a matching one inch thick 63mm aluminum throttle body spacer. The package includes all the necessary bolts, washers, spacers, gaskets and instructions to complete the install. I removed this combo from my 2000 XJ when I received a Trail Jammer kit as a gift.

This is a great little performance upgrade for any 4.0L or 2.5L XJ or TJ from '96 to '03 and some '04s. It may also fit other earlier YJs and XJs with a 4 bolt throttle body. If your Jeep isn't a '96 to '03, it would be best to check out the photo below or bring your Jeep by to make sure it will fit. This setup adds around 10HP to your Jeep and greatly improves stock throttle response. Best of all, unlike many bored throttle bodies it performs without any annoying whistle!!

[highlight]Asking only $125.00 for the whole setup! No Core Charge![/highlight]

If you are interested or have any questions just send an email to [email protected] or PM or call me at 302-983-5430. If you want to come take a look at the parts, I am located in Newark, DE and available most evenings and weekends. I will accept PayPal and I am willing to ship this combo anywhere in the US for $8.50.

Thanks,
Steve

Click the image for larger version.

Last edited:
It's $90 for the throttle body and almost $40 for the spacer totaling $130 and you want $125? And also why 63mm when the intake manifold opening is 62mm?

The throttle body was bored out to 63mm to provide maximum flow and I had the spacer custom machined to match. You can use it as is and gain the greatest benefit your 62mm manifold opening will offer or machine your your manifold out to 63mm as I did.

These items were only on my Jeep for a couple of months. I paid $125 for the TB plus core return and $60 for the spacer so I think $125 is a pretty good deal. Also I am not requesting a core so you can keep your stock throttle body or sell it if you like to reduce your out of pocket cost.

If you want to send me your stock TB I will knock off $25.

How much of a difference in power and throttle response did you feel over stock with this?

I felt the throttle response improvement was dramatic and the Jeep felt more peppy. The top end also seems to pull harder, especially with a Hi-Flow intake. I think it is a worth while mod for a simple bolt-on and it can be made even better with an intake and exhaust. Don't expect miracles, it ain't a $2000 stroker kit or supercharger.

125 bucks is a good deal, I just ordered a jeff leigh 63mm powder coated in black for 100 plus a core, so if I hadnt already done that i would be buying this one.a side note you can also just bore the manifold or port match it!

This is in fact a Jeff Leigh Throttle Body. I initially thought the powder coating was a nice touch until I realized it was a home job when it started melting and bubbling with engine heat. Now I know why the factory left it bare cast aluminum and the aftermarket uses anodized aluminum for theirs.

I removed the powder coat and thoroughly cleaned the TB a week ago. I think it looks much better now.

Bore, machine, port match...it is all the same to me. Sorry if I used the wrong terminology. I just used a simple hand file to match my manifold.

92westshady said:
This is in fact a Jeff Leigh Throttle Body. I initially thought the powder coating was a nice touch until I realized it was a home job when it started melting and bubbling with engine heat. Now I know why the factory left it bare cast aluminum and the aftermarket uses anodized aluminum for theirs.

I removed the powder coat and thoroughly cleaned the TB a week ago. I think it looks much better now.

Bore, machine, port match...it is all the same to me. Sorry if I used the wrong terminology. I just used a simple hand file to match my manifold.
Did you take off the intake manifold to bore it out that extra 1mm? Just make sure you dont get any shavings inside there.

I stuffed plastic bags and rags down in the manifold runners and then used a shop vac to carefully remove all the filings. It was a bit time consuming.

Honestly when you think about it a 1mm increase in diameter is only 1/2mm all the way around. If I could do it again I wouldn't have port matched and just left the extra 1/2mm on the manifold. At the time it seemed like the way to go since I bought a TB that was 63mm, but I don't know if it was worth the work.

Only thing that is clear to me is that factory 53mm (the bore below the throttle plate) on a stock TB provides noticably less flow add performance than 60mm+. Is there a marked difference between say 60 and 62 or 63mm? I don't know.

92westshady said:
I stuffed plastic bags and rags down in the manifold runners and then used a shop vac to carefully remove all the filings. It was a bit time consuming.

Honestly when you think about it a 1mm increase in diameter is only 1/2mm all the way around. If I could do it again I wouldn't have port matched and just left the extra 1/2mm on the manifold. At the time it seemed like the way to go since I bought a TB that was 63mm, but I don't know if it was worth the work.

Only thing that is clear to me is that factory 53mm (the bore below the throttle plate) on a stock TB provides noticably less flow add performance than 60mm+. Is there a marked difference between say 60 and 62 or 63mm? I don't know.
It's generally accepted that it's 55mm at the manifold opening part of the throttle body but i just measure it and its a little over 55mm. I bought a 87 mustang GT throttle body which Im going to mod according to how dino did his and im going to check my options as far as boring that out as well and then matching the manifold to it. As far as gains, its maybe 5hp tops but for the price its well worth it. As far as me boring out the mustang throttle body, its not going to have full use until I stroke my jeep but until then I think it'd be a fun little project.

Back