• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 brake switch and peddle parts

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
I need the cylinder and bushings that go over the bolt that the brake tail lights switch rides on. I need it for an 89 Renix XJ.

I Might as well take the bolt, nuts, and cylinder.

Thanks

You still need one of these. If so PM RMS692. He has his old 2dr out back. I can not remember what is left on it as we picked it pretty clean...

Thanks, but it turns out my problem is somebody ( a PO ) installed a different year brake booster (the brake peddle rod has a 1/2" hole, should be 9/16", and it is the wrong length on the end that is so critical to the brake switch between the sleeve and the end of the rod, so the stock stuff does not work right), and I am now trying to custom fix their incomplete BS with out replacing a working brake booster.

any clue what vehicle the brake booster came out of? YOu could just go jack a pedal. Google the part number on it and see what all vehicles used that part # then go pick up the pedal assembly for $10 at the junk yard

any clue what vehicle the brake booster came out of? YOu could just go jack a pedal. Google the part number on it and see what all vehicles used that part # then go pick up the pedal assembly for $10 at the junk yard

No clue, or clues. It has a 1/2" ID hole, and the end is larger than the renix OEM. The Renix era had a 9/16" hole. The bolt is 3/8". I ended up using 2 large brass washers, no sleeve and no plastic bushings, the 3/8" bolt, and got the first nut set to where the OEM switch works perfectly (just the right amount of slop, not too tight and not too loose), put on the locking nut, and then put a piece of rubber with duct tape to hold it up right under the switch (taped to the brake peddle arm) to keep it from ever turning down if it gets bumped again, dropping down to a spot where it might not work.

I found some good info in the Mod forum. I checked on later year switches, but in 92 they went to a threaded switch & mount similar to the upper white switch used for the torque convert lock/unlock brake signal.

Back