• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

engine harness valve cover brackets?

ljobbins

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Looking for the clips/brackets that hold the wiring harness in place next to the valve cover. They snap on top of the bolts of the valve cover. I broke my last one and now my harness is floating and bouncing around. I was wondering if anyone knows the official name or part number or if they are still made or around. Im trying to avoid junkyard ones that are probably 5 seconds from crumbling into oblivion. Is there generic ones I missed that could work? Or a way to make a solid bracket to hold the harness?

P/N J324 2912-clip. My google-fu is not bringing up any for purchase.

I might have some used ones sitting around...

Last edited:
Thanks I tried searching and just found the part number in the catalog but nothing for sale so ill hit up the dealer or napa and see if that part number brings anything up for them. Otherwise I might be interested in yours if you don't need them anymore.

If you're not averse to junkyards, I see those all the time for little or no money, they're pocket items.

I might have to check other ones some time. The one junkyard by my house is 3 bucks to enter and most of the time the xj engine bays are super picked through with basic things like fan shroud and engine wiring destroyed from people pulling valve covers or heads and not caring about the other parts. So to put down 3 bucks for the chance of getting dry rotted ones at a couple bucks, i was hoping i could find a part number for new ones around the same price. Whenever i pull other stuff off to get to my desired part at the junk yard i always leave the parts in decent shape either in the air box or the seat if the door opens so someone can use the parts if they wanted them.

I looked on ebay, googled, and tried the site that Cruiser54 sent me with clips and fittings for all (almost all) makes and models of vehicles...came up dry. That's why I mentioned the JY. All the good ones I have are junkyard salvages. But you're right, a lot of them are dried out and weak or broken from heat, exposure etc. (oh, and inconsiderate engine strippers)

Yeah i was thinking of the l bracket idea, i was just thinking of heat transfering up the metal bracket but im sure i can find some scrap heat resistant stuf to wrap around the point of contacts.

The heat coming off the head is nominal compared to the heat coming off the exhaust.

Use a threaded coupler as a standoff, then a wire clamp.

Thread coupler onto stud, then screw the wire clamp into the other end.

coupling_nut3-374x250.jpg

130796_large.png

130796_large.png

I was actually planning on going to ace tomorrow to get this exact setup. Thanks for the help and suggestions guys.

130796_large.png

Liking this idea! :thumbup:

Back