• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.5lt to 4.0 swap wrangler

jaymels93

NAXJA Forum User
I am swapping a 4.0 out my 88 xj into my 93 yj. is there any info that I need before I start on this project. I know that I need the wiring harness and computer out the the xj. And also swapping tranny and transfer out too. But there has got to be more that I don't know. Anything will help. And i know i am a trader for moving to a wrangler.

I need to read a little more carefully.

XJ to YJ.

You will need the ECU, TCU (if auto), the entire engine management harness--if it was me I would strip the entire XJ harness and modify it to the YJ body instead of trying to patch the two together. You need all of the sensors, the flywheel/flexplate of the 88.

what emission laws do you have in OR.? here in cali we have to use the same year or newer engine for any swap. something to consider before taking on the project. especially if you ever feel you may sell it. other than that Joe gave great advice.

Back