• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Collision/body repair manual? Emblem/decal placement specs needed

anthrax323

NAXJA Forum User
Short story: I'm installing the OEM Jeep sticker on a new front header panel (above the grill) and can't seem to find placement templates or specs in the FSM. Same goes with the currently-missing "4.0 LITRE" badge on the rear hatch.

Anyone know what page/section these specs are in, or have them handy?

Welp, I actually just found the FSM section (23.29-23.31, pages 1916-1918 in the PDF), but it's about as vague as can be. I get the feeling that's about all there is on the matter.

...And then you come across DIY gems like these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5mu9f_Tb6c

jerp.png

Last edited:
Jeeper holds thumb up, squints one closed, yup, right about there should do. If slightly more precision is required, a simple Google image search should return a few hundred thousand examples.

One of the first things I did to my Cherokee was peel all the badges and decals off.

The front header JEEP goes 1.25 inches from the bottom of the panel, centered of course, with the letters 1/4 inches apart.

The 4.0 emblem is located 1.5 inches from the bottom crease, and one inch from the left end of the hatch.

I use masking tape to locate emblems such as these; locating and marking the positions with tape, and then placing the emblems.

Or you can drink a six-pack of beer and close your eyes...

Thanks for the tips. I think I just need to sneakily measure the next one I see that appears to be factory-original.

Jeeper holds thumb up, squints one closed, yup, right about there should do. If slightly more precision is required, a simple Google image search should return a few hundred thousand examples.

One of the first things I did to my Cherokee was peel all the badges and decals off.
Man, I've thought about that route, but somehow I've managed to keep my XJ in good enough shape overall for 240,000 miles that I figured I'd freshen 'er up a little bit. I just threw in some Truck-Lite/Rigid LED 5x7's, a cheap-ass 20" light bar off Amazon ($26, and it's actually pretty damn impressive), and upgraded my existing Hella 700FF's to 100w bulbs as part of this project/repair, so I figure why not put the missing badges back on.

Back