• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lines from valve cover to intake, and from valve cover to air cleaner.

Dozer11B

NAXJA Forum User
This is mainly just a check to see if my cheap fix is viable and won't cause too many problems until I can put it back to OEM.

The PO of my Jeep apparently blocked of the CCV orifice on the rear of my valve cover and rerouted the vac line that went from the intake manifold (originally attached to the CCV) and attached it to the front vent on my valve cover (which is actually supposed to go to my air cleaner (he put on a bufu air intake setup).

Here is the diagram from my engine bay, near the cowl:

IMGP0120.jpg

This is what he did in a photo. The blue arrow was blocked off, and the hose attached there was actually attached to the red arrow. I have what appears (smells) like wet fuel in my intake when I pull the air cleaner tube of the TB. This is aside shot from the driver's side:

IMGP0119.jpg

This is what I did here. I rerouted the Vac line from the intake manifold back to a CCV valve and bought a cheapo mini air cleaner and mounted on the front of the valve cover. A shot from the front:

IMGP0118.jpg

Does anyone see any issue with this setup until I can fix it within the next couple of days?? I just figured since the front went to the stock airbox, then I could put an air cleaner on there for now and be somewhat back to normal here.

I test drove it maybe a mile or so and checked the intake again, and the fuel(??) seemed to dry up some. Or am I wrong, and it's a bigger issue than I think?

Thanks guys.

What you have done should be fine.

Make sure that the small orifice in the rear is clear, and that the manifold orifice is also clear.

Cool, thanks Joe.

Yeah Trippled, there is some carbon, but it seems likeI could just wipe it right off. Where this is no carbon it is squeaky clean. So you were running the way mine WAS set up- without any problems? I am assuming this is fuel in there right?

Thanks for the info guys. I love this place.

If you have excessive blowby, oil will come out of the filter. That is the only problem I found to running like that. I now run a hose from the front breather to a catch can I made, with a small filter on there.

If the engine does not blow a bunch of oil out of the breather, there is nothing wrong with that setup.

I have a similar issue. But my CCV line is correct and to the manifold, but the vent hole toward the front of the valve cover is plugged with a rubber seal (plug). Should i remove the plug and rout e line to my air box? or just leave the plug? or put a mini air filter like this?

Yes, definitely remove that plug. There should be a rubber grommet-type seal in the front of the valve cover. I've seen both those and the plastic elbow that fits in the front of the valve cover at parts stores. As others have already pointed out, if your pistons and rings have a bunch of blow-by, don't be surprised if you get oil through a mini-filter like that. If it does blow out a bunch of oil, you're probably better running a line to your air box (that's factory set-up) or a set-up like Slip Kid described.

Back