• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Early XJ brake flex line???

tchase

NAXJA Forum User
So the new (to me) Jeep needs a front flex line. None of my parts suppliers list stock for an '85. Anyone know what the difference was on the early ones? They have stock for a '90 (which I have on it's way), which uses the same caliper.

Anyone know any reason why a line for a '90 won't work on an '85?

Check the thread-pitch and banjo end bolt size. Crossref to another vehicle and go from there.

Failing that, buy a set of afterarket lines. There's a guy on P4X4 that makes them to spec.

I think YJ lines are a direct cross as well. Different shape, but they fit properly and do the job.

Please don't be one of these idiots I see on forums now and again that tries to screw a 3/8 line into a 10mm thread. Yes, they appear to fit, but they do not seal. It's literally a life safety issue, don't skimp. "Close enough", ain't!

Yeah thanks. No worries both lines are 3/8". Trouble I'm having now is I can't get a banjo bolt. Got a caliper and a flex line but can't find the bolt anywhere.

I don't know what you guys have up there in the Great White North, but I had a similar problem on a bike. Kawasaki uses 10mm banjo bolts with a peculiar threadpitch.

I was able to find the parts through Grainger and McMaster-Carr.

Back