• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 XJ questions and an identify this picture contest

bradleyheathhays

NAXJA Forum User
1) Are the front and rear leaf spring bushings on a '96 XJ the same part?

2) My front sway bar measures 1.014 in or 25.75mm diameter. The bushings that attach it to the frame (on rockauto) are sold in 23, 24, 26, and 26.5 mm sizes. I would be looking for the 26mm?

3) and finally..what are these to...?

M%20grills_zpseh4rruwf.jpg

M%20grill_zpsin2722at.jpg

Picked up a front windshield along with these two that's really narrow left to right and is curved back on the bottom outside corners resembling something like a '63 Chevy C10. Have no clue what they're to, or if the windshield and grill parts even go together.

Front and rear leaf spring bushings are very different in diameter. Moog SB371 for the front and SB372 for the rear. I believe SB372 for the shackles too.

Not sure on the sway bar bushings.

Those pieces are for a Nash Metropolitan. We will see if this image shows. If not, just do a google image search for a Nash Metropolitan grill.

nash-metropolitan-hood-ornament-05.jpg

Last edited:
Other than perhaps a quick going-over with soap and water to knock off any dust/grease, I'd leave them alone - the sort of folks who'd be looking for something like those will probably be real picky about repair/reconditioning of them, I'd think.

Well, they are not NOS condition, that's for sure.

I am guessing they are chrome plated, and if anyone were to want to use them in a restoration they would probably have them re-chromed.

It probably would not hurt to spray them with a mild acid to clean off the surface rust, rinse them off and buff them with a clean terry cloth towel. Experiment in an area on the worst of the two and see how it goes.

If you make them look nice and hang them up in your garage that will probably do the most to keep them in decent shape.

Back