• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you pay for your headlight upgrade?

I would start with an upgraded harness. The LMC truck harness I have in my XJ currently is actually for a dual light setup. I just have the main plugs connected to my single housings on each side. Then I guess find H4/other housings that fit. I would like to hopefully get a waggy or 97-up header panel for my MJ, if I get a waggy front I will swap my current harness over and make a new one for my XJ.
This is something I have always wanted to do since i swapped this front clip, the problem is what the hell kinda headlights work in this set up?

ACfLyiT.jpg

Looks good.

Looks like the AutoPals are available in two styles: The standard E code, or the "Euro Diamond" style. I like the look of the Diamond style, but am concerned about the pattern. Anyone here have experience with these?

Thanks!

Anything that is plastic, has Diamond or Crystal in the name/description, or looks car show cool, will be money wasting junk.

Since this thread has come back from the dead.

Bixenon hid projectors complete 2.5" kit - $65 on amazon
Housings to cut and mount projectors in - $25 on Amazon

Quality light, sharp cutoff, hi and low - priceless

Since this thread has come back from the dead.

Bixenon hid projectors complete 2.5" kit - $65 on amazon
Housings to cut and mount projectors in - $25 on Amazon

Quality light, sharp cutoff, hi and low - priceless

Could you provide links for the products you're experienced with?

Housings really don't matter when using projectors. Just buy any cheap housings, cut the back off and jb weld the projector in. Be sure it's sealed. If you're not comfortable with wiring and "making" things, find someone to help.

About $220 total for an OEM fit, super bright high performance setup for on and off road in most any conditions. A solid value upgrade in safety, durability, and driving pleasure.

- Headlight Services Harness designed specifically for our XJs (simply install, all plug in, no splicing-cutting, wire guage is substantial and all wires are perfect length)
- OSRAM 70/65 Rallye bulbs
- Hella E Code Headlamps

http://headlightservices.com/CherokeeHarness.html

http://www.quadratec.com/products/97009_6010.htm?gclid=COjboYnW-9ACFYF-fgodk08ESQ

Last edited:
Look for seller ID rimiinc on eBay. He calls them Euro Conversion. There will be an E inside a circle molded into the face of the lamp housing. DOT approved or Diamond are not E-code, don't have the circle E, and are not what you want.

Approximately $70. I upgraded to Projectors. Did it myself. It's just NOT that hard.

IPF housings. H4 Bulbs. Putco harness. Around $150-$175 total. Clear cut white light.

IPF housings. H4 Bulbs. Putco harness. Around $150-$175 total. Clear cut white light.

^Did the same except I bought my harness from LMC truck. Not sure what I spent but the difference over the original setup was worth every penny plus another $100. What was Jeep thinking??

Back