• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DOM group buy?

asp

NAXJA Forum User
Can I make a suggestion?
Pick what you want, and see if others are in for it. Otherwise everyone will end up wanting something else and you'll end up with a bunch of full lengths that only have 4-6ft taken out of them. I doubt anyone wants to buy a full length of link tubing given its cost.

I'll be in for 31", call it 3ft, of 1.625"OD 0.250wall DOM if you order any. If not, I'll stick with what I've got.

sounds like a plan.

on that note, i need:

16' of 2.0" OD, 0.250" wall DOM (i might just buy a whole stick for myself...)
4' of 1.625"OD 0.250 wall DOM

anyone who needs steel in those sizes, post up. if you need another size, don't be afraid to mention it.

i will probably be going through mid-city steel in westport, ma.

Last edited:
im not sure yet. im just spamming threads right now

i wanna make all my links, track bar, and steering outta the same size. im thinking 1.75 OD .375" wall would do nicely. links get the joints tapped and threaded right in (track bar too if i use the same shank) and the rest get some tube adapters.

24' of 2.0" OD, 0.250" wall
7' of 1.625"OD 0.250 wall
12' of 2.0" OD 0.250 wall
8' of 2.5" 0.375" wall
8' of 1.75" 0.25" wall

i wanna make all my links, track bar, and steering outta the same size. im thinking 1.75 OD .375" wall would do nicely. links get the joints tapped and threaded right in (track bar too if i use the same shank) and the rest get some tube adapters.

Huge for all but lowers, and small in that case...

Also check clearance to your diff cover at full lock with 1.75" OD tubing. :)

Huge for all but lowers, and small in that case...

Also check clearance to your diff cover at full lock with 1.75" OD tubing. :)

ahead of ya :thumbup:

rather than spamming my thread, i'm bring the :spam: to the thread made for :spam:.

1.75" OD 0.375" wall is borderline on the stiffness. i'll run the #'s tomorrow at work (i wrote a matlab script, nice and easy). but i'm guessing it's no stiffer than 2" OD 0.25" wall. gotta check the #'s though.

edit: i figure i'll give everyone till 3/10 to post up what they want, after that i'll call and get a quote from a few places.

Last edited:
the quote for that stuff is going to scare you with that little and cut lengths.

yeah, i'm giving it more time until we can maybe fill out the lengths. or narrow down to 3 or 4 sizes that WILL be purchased based off the ones people want

Back