• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

What is everyone using for roadside/towing? I had it on my insurance but it was terrible and paid for almost nothing so I canceled it just now. I’m looking at AAA but I don’t even know if another agency to compare them with.

We have AAA, it pays for it self with hotel discounts and travel perks.
If I ever get a flat on one of the trailers, it will pay for it self again.

Yea Ben that’s mine. I saw it floating around fb a few ago. The kid that bought it from me kept up with me for a little while. Seems like it didn’t have enough roadside manners for him. I guess he had a long commute.

Yea Ben that’s mine. I saw it floating around fb a few ago. The kid that bought it from me kept up with me for a little while. Seems like it didn’t have enough roadside manners for him. I guess he had a long commute.

Looks like a different place from where we saw it a little while ago. Notice all the stickers are gone. Wonder if it has an issue and is just getting passed around.

Think they are asking like $4500 for it. Seems cheap for all it has done to it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yea the sad part is the kid that bought it pulled out a 7500 loan to buy it from me. That was in may. Rew found the jeep a little over a month ago online. He had it about 6 months and is probably around 5g’s upside down.

A month ago when Rew and I were talking about that, we thought it sucked for him but oh well guess he was a dumb ass.

Now I’m in the same boat with my truck and I feel bad for him and myself

I’d love to have it back. This TJ is a turd and I’ll likely end up selling it this summer. If the old Xj is stil or sale then( or again at this rate) I may consider tracking it down.

That Taco looks pretty nice Sam. Ive eyeballed a few of those here and there, but for that price Ive seen a few nice Silverado 1500s with the max tow package.

Either way Ill probably end up with a shitty little Honda as a DD soon because a truck payment, plus parking a truck, plus rent, dont work into my budget lol

All depends on how many miles you drive. Low miles and dont really care what you drive then go for the lease for right now to save some pennys.

Don’t lease. Worst financial investment in the automotive world. Why not buy used enough to pay cash? Then you have none of that to worry about. Save money not making payments for a couple years, sell your current vehicle and use the saved cash to upgrade. Continue until your in a vehicle you want and it will be paid for in cash.

Last edited:
so more details now that i have a computer.
local dealer has appraised my truck at 4500. 2500 more than the last 2 dealers i took it to. so im looking at leasing new or buying but can only afford used.

2018 F150
http://www.courtstreetfordbourbonna.../New/Ford/F-150/2018-XLT-Blue-Truck/54023311/
lease this truck 650 with 1k down for 36months. 18k miles a year.

for an almost identical truck minus a few features because it's older(and technically a different body style)
2015 F150
http://www.courtstreetfordbourbonna.../New/Ford/F-150/2018-XLT-Blue-Truck/54023311/

same 4500 trade in. same 1k down. mileage not bad but at 20k. payment 702@72months

LEASE
PRO
going with the lease means i get to drive a brand new truck for 3 year AND get rid of the negative 5k that i have hanging over my head.
CON
i like to do cool things to the vehicles i drive. lease means i drive a stock truck for 3 years.

BUY USED
PRO
I own the truck. i get to spend 6 years paying for it and 15 years driving it.
CON
the roll over of my truck will continue to fallow me and possibly haunt me for years to come. what happens if this used truck is a turd and doesn't last me 15+years for example.

Sounds like you are boned either way. What is the private sale price on your truck? Sell it outright, work off the loan if you have to while driving the TJ or buy an A -> B car until you're back on your feet. Honestly I could never justify a car payment equal to my house payment.

Leases are not the financial destruction that people try to say they are.

That said, I've never leased, however many friends of mine have leased and they love it. A few friends lease for 3 years and then buy them out after negotiating another deal.

If the lease payment is affordable for you and your family and 18k miles a year are managable, then why not drive a brand new truck for 3 years that will need nothing but gas and oil and work yourself out of that other mess.

mac 'its just a payment' gyvr

With as often as some of us change vehicles leases are starting to make sense a little. They have always been the “devil” but in all actuality if you have decided you are always going to have a payment......

Back