• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turkey day run discussion.

Yea! Well, if I can swing it, I'd love to come up and actually camp. I just gotta figure out how to keep the wife and kids warm ... they hate the cold. So plenty of firewood and a tent trailer would help.
It would help if I could get the wife's jeep done by then because I bet she'd want to go more if she's not riding shotgun. We're getting all of her new armor down to powdercoating this week, so I don't see why not.

Turns out the wife works that weekend. I may still come. Maybe take 1 of the kids or something. Don't worry about space. If its just me and the kids I'll throw an air mattress in the back.

I have to work Thur-Sat. Normal shift. :(

I could show up Sunday morning but most of you will be breaking camp I'm sure.

We're still planning on coming to camp Thursday night. Just trying to figure out logistics with the new puppy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It is? The actual Woods Point is down one of the roads that crosses Hogsback.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah, shortly after it had opened we were up there with the fam camping into the midweek. i ran one of the gokarts out of gas on c-line. an odf worker stopped to see if i was alright. we had a lengthy conversation about the area. I did not know what to call the camp at the time when he asked where we were located. he said the odf workers are/had been calling it Woods Point campground. thats what ive been referring to it as ever since.

:dunno:
Bronze.

DSCN2221.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

:cheers: to a fun weekend ahead.

I'll try and confirm my plan tomorrow, but it's looking like I'll be heading out there Friday late morning.

caught up with the group Saturday afternoon, looked to be a decent turnout :anon:

might be time for a few people to look in the mirror and take a back seat. This chapter could be so much more.

Bronze
Your statement reads as a sly jab against the current leadership for the lack of turnout this year. I know Nathen was post surgery leading up to the run, and couldn't make it. Lar-bear is busy with his family, and fixing his Jeep. Life gets in the way sometimes.

Those of us members who did make it out, had a blast as usual. Sorry we couldn't coordinate to run some trails together with your group, but you caught us mid day heading into Crushers. We didn't expect to see you based off your last post stating you weren't going to make it. You knew where we were camped, and could have caught us in the AM. :dunno:

Back