• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Evap System Leak PO455 Large Leak

LazersGoPEWPEW

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, so I've been searching for the solution to this problem for awhile and have read numerous threads.

I replaced the gas cap, that didn't cause the code to clear after I reset them. I replaced the little filter near the LDP, nothing. Did smoke test and no smoke, so no apparent leak anywhere.

I'm trying to avoid throwing money at parts, and am wondering if there is another way to find the problem. It's been killing my MPG for far too long.

Any tips or advice?

If you are sure you performed a leak test properly and there is no leak. But you keep getting a dtc for an evap leak, i would suspect the ldp.

Check the large evap/vacuum plastic tube from the evap canister (rear left corner, ahead of the axle, under the jeep) along the frame rail, up the firewall, and behind the motor.

Specifically, mine wore through where the AW4 shifter cable rubbed against it for years. When I went to get another at the junkyard, the donor I chose had a hole in the same spot. Seems like a common issue.

It's a bastard to get to, and this particular code doesn't kill your fuel economy AFAIK (I'm still getting 18+ highway most of the time even on winter gas) so I haven't fixed it yet. Inspection is due in January, so I probably should deal with it by then I guess.

I'd be lucky to get 15mpg on hwy. :-(

Back