• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

The wicked wheel 2 isn’t supposed to whistle like the original, but I’m fine if it does. I almost ordered the original design just for it but was advised that the new design does more for you besides just help with turbo surge. Unlike some people I think a diesel turbo should be heard, or course I’ve worked on heavy diesels my entire adult life.

And yeah, good upgrade for 180$ that should hold me over just fine until I get around to dropping the coin on a ball bearing turbo.

Man....... I never get to wrench on my Cummins like these Ford guys do theirs. All I get to do is drive it. It never needs anything. The lube techs pop the hood a whole lot more than I do.

How........ boring.

:D

What dimple dies do you use?

Barbed Wire Offroad. Got them years ago for $100 for the set. Should have bought more than one. Last I saw, they're about $300 or so.

All this and no on the road to Moab pics. For shame sir. For shame.

Kinda hard to when I haven't left yet :D

That baskiet came out nice. I need to do a floor similar to that for my rack over the gas tank.

Is that Rust-Oleum hammered paint? I'm liking that color.

It's Hammerite black, as it matches the chassis (dark grey) in a can. But yes, essentially hammered paint.

Buggy makes me drool every time I see it.

Could look into a soft sided cooler.

I picked up one of these, but the back pack style.

http://www.polarbearcoolers.com/product/24-pack-H2O.html

Haven't got a chance to use it yet. But love the fit and finish.

I've got a few cooler, and usually run a small soft sided cooler. I don't eat too much out on the trail, just pack loads of water.

Man....... I never get to wrench on my Cummins like these Ford guys do theirs. All I get to do is drive it. It never needs anything. The lube techs pop the hood a whole lot more than I do.

How........ boring.

:D

What, you can't do your own oil changes? Afraid to break a nail?

Aside from the agonizingly long time they take, who cares. Truck will be theirs again before it’s my problem :roflmao:

I never lease and always end up paying the vehicle off and owning it out right . My Dodge is still worth money and I hold the title not the bank or dealer, so maintenance is a priority.

I own my truck not lease and it came with 2 years of free oil changes.

It takes about 20 minutes. I go walk around all the lots and they are done before I am.

It’s a Toyota, they couldn’t mess up the reliability if they tried.

Yeah I don’t lease either. And a few k off from owning. But close. But I’ll be traded for a bigger truck before I’m out from factory warranty.

I'll not be buying another big pickup this one should last awhile longer it will only be towing my "jeep" I figure the motor is like new if it needs a trans rebuild that's only 2k and even things like fuel injectors are not that expensive compared to a new pickup and can be done in a driveway with hand tools and inch pound torque wrench ... My next v8 equipped vehicle will be my "jeep "

Going to wheel 2018 on the 4.0 then sell the 5.0 Atlas and get a 3.8 atlas and a cammed lq4 package...why...I have no valid reason other than that's the one cool kid part my rig is missing.

Well, left for Moab at 9:30 this morning.

Made it 30 minutes, and got turn around, go home and do this:

2ljqli1.jpg

Looks like I get to figure out a new trans...

F*&$

Back