• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 diff skid, anyone ever run one?

Shave an 8.25? WUT? lol

I mean it isn't a 14 bolt shave but it gets rid of the lip on the bottom of the housing that always seems to be a pain in the rocks.

I'm a fan of the Nth Degree Diff slider simply because it extends forward far enough to protect the pinion yoke and u-joint. BUT, they do not make one for the C8.25. Just the D44.

That said, I have Ruffstuff diff covers on both the front and rear diffs and have been very happy with them.

I'd like to protect my yoke as well there's just not much out there for 8.25 axle. May look at adding something

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

If I could figure out how to post a pic...I’d share some details on a pinion skid that I built for the 8.25. Covers the entire diff up to the u-joint, the lip on he bottom of the case drove me nuts getting hung up so now I slide over everything with ease.

I just run a Solid diff cover on mine. Any heavy duty diff cover is fine, I went with Solid because they're cheap.

Are you talking about the half cover like Rusty's sells or something like the one they make for the D44 that goes under the entire differential housing and u-bolts around the pinion?

I made one similar to that of the D44 that completely covers the underside of the diff with a smooth surface, nothing to get hung up on. It also goes far enough forward that it protects the u-joints. Took me about two days to make a mock setup with cardboard and then transfer it to steel. Some bent on a brake and the other parts all welded in. I also have a a heavy duty diff, but it didn’t give me the protection I wanted...now I have it

The half cover gets hung up just as much as anything else, but the lip on the bottom of he 8.25 will catch on things and stop you dead in your tracks.

I just run a Solid diff cover on mine. Any heavy duty diff cover is fine, I went with Solid because they're cheap.

Are you talking about the half cover like Rusty's sells or something like the one they make for the D44 that goes under the entire differential housing and u-bolts around the pinion?

Just bought solids front and rear, however I do mean the d44 type

I made one similar to that of the D44 that completely covers the underside of the diff with a smooth surface, nothing to get hung up on. It also goes far enough forward that it protects the u-joints. Took me about two days to make a mock setup with cardboard and then transfer it to steel. Some bent on a brake and the other parts all welded in. I also have a a heavy duty diff, but it didn’t give me the protection I wanted...now I have it

The half cover gets hung up just as much as anything else, but the lip on the bottom of he 8.25 will catch on things and stop you dead in your tracks.

I've found that it helps to put my tires on the rocks and not my differential. :D

Back