• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need guidence about oils and coolants

regev

NAXJA Forum User
i have a '97 Cherokee Limited 225000 Kms that still runs as smooth as first day. now the time has come for replacing the eng. oil and filter, radiator coolant, and maybe even transfer case oil.

i am situated in Ankara, Turkey, so i would appreciate guidence and advice considering brands and all.

all usfull tips are wellcome...

"EVOLUTION AND ALL CONSIDERED, JEEPS ARE, INDEED, FOREVER." C. Darvin

What brands are available in Turkey? What we have in the western hemisphere may not be what you have there.

we have here some turkish brands, but also Esso, which i believe to be european.

what ar the specs that need i need to look for when considering a brand?

Engine oil - Mobil 1 or Schaeffers synthetic 10W30.

Engine oil filter - Anything but Fram.

Transfer case fluid - Mobil 1 or Schaeffers synthetic Dexron III Mercon automatic transmission fluid.

Transmission - drain pan and replace with equal amount of Dexron III Mercon NON synthetic.

Engine coolant - Anything is fine here as long as you mix approx. 50/50 and do not use tap water.

Don't forget differentials - 80W90 synthetic (add friction modifier if you have a trac-lock in the rear).

HTH

Back