• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB hard brake lines XJ

whats wrong with a roll of brakeline, some fittings and a flaring kit?

Thats mainly what I did. Works well. The one thing you do not want to play with is used brake anything.

X2 on everything mentioned

x2, just plumb it all yourself for scratch.

i do know you can get pre-bent front lines from the dealer for like $20 each.....

x2, just plumb it all yourself for scratch.

i do know you can get pre-bent front lines from the dealer for like $20 each.....

good luck keeping them bent the right way when you are fishing them all around the engine compartment and tiny holes in the fenders and whatnot

whats wrong with a roll of brakeline, some fittings and a flaring kit?
Last time I checked there's nothing wrong with it :) I did it once in my Dodge Ram but it's PITA so I don't want to do it again if I can help it. Besides it might cost the same to buy used hard brake lines from somebody. This way I can same some time too.

I bought 5 lines for the front from the dealer, cost me $23 TOTAL. Had Dundy help me install them and after some fishing, they went in just fine. Came pre-bent with all the fittings.

I bought 5 lines for the front from the dealer, cost me $23 TOTAL. Had Dundy help me install them and after some fishing, they went in just fine. Came pre-bent with all the fittings.
Damn, that's not bad.

Yeah man stay away from used brake lines for sure. just easier and safer all around to go new.

yeah reusing brake lines is like reusing rubbers... ya just don't do that :shiver:

I bend em up myself but those prices aren't bad for stealership front lines.

I'm broke and I still buy new line :p I may be a hack for alot of stuff but brakes isn't one of them.you can buy like 25 feet of it for $20. Bought a whole roll when I did the lines on my mom's ram.

Wow.... I'm replumbing a rear D44 in the next couple of weeks. Gotta make a stop on the way home.

Back