• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EVS II Security System Install

Ice_Man

NAXJA Forum User
Im in the process of installing a factory Mopar EVS II security system upgrade to my 2000 XJ. Everything seems to be hooked up right, except they tell you to tap into the head light switch wire (supposted to be black/yellow). Well I taped into it, and my headlights dont flash when the alarm goes off or when the vehicle is armed. Does anyone know exactly what wire they are talking about, because the instructions kinda suck. Also, if any one has a picture this would help out alot. I want to get this thing done today, so I can drive it again. Thanks in advance.

I did the install serveral years ago.
And on mine the headlights don't flash -
only the parking lights. Twice for arm - once for disarm.
Eddie

Noticed on page 7 of the install book:
"The siren does not chirp and the parking lights don't flash
when the starter is locked-out"

Possible you could try different settings of SW2 & SW3.
Mine are set for SW2(on) and SW3(off) (manual arming only)
And follow the "Reprogram Operating Characteristics"

Eddie

The black w/yellow at the headlight switch is the parking light wire not the headlight wire. i would check your connection to that wire, also check the output from the alarm with either a test light or a d.m.m.

Sean

Thanks for cheking Eddie, but Im pretty sure I just need to tap into the correct wire. My siren chirps when I arm/disarm, its just the lights that do not flash (for that matter, everything works except for the lights flashing). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ill try that Sean. Thanks. Also, either the parking lights or the headlights flashing would be fine (it doenst matter to me, as long as I get some kind of visual signal).

Problem Solved. Turns out that the connection from the EVS module to the parking lamp wire wasnt secure (this was the method Mopar told me to use :-{ ) I ended up using a pinch connector and that solved the problem. Back in business. Thanks for the quick responce guys.

Back