• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM EVS II Security Plus System

2000XJSPORT

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to know if this system is hard to install in a 2000 XJ. Kit comes with siren,starter interrupt/shock sensor, and harness. Accessories guide just says D.I.Y. under install time and I do not no what that means. Wanted to know before paying the dealership to install when I could.
Thanks in advance.
Alex

That all depends on your skills. If you can't read a wiring diagram, or don't even have a FSM then it's going to take quite a while to trace (using a DMM never use a test light for tracing computer wires) down the correct wiring. That being said it's pretty easy to gain access to all needed wiring at the base of the steering coloum, and behind the drivers side kick pannel. Also be warned depending on how the unit is designed you may need a few relays, and the start kill in perticuler may need a SPDT relay witch sometimes can be hard to find (car audio shop would be a giid place to find one).

Man,
I wouldn't put that crap on my car even if someone paid me to do it.
Just causes annoying problems.
Don't want your car to get stolen? Put a hidden switch in series with your starter relay.
If someone wants it bad enough, they'll jump it down at the starter after breaking the steering column, or just tow it away.
I'm assuming you have keyless entry because you have a 2000.
I could see where if you lived in the snow belt having a remote start might be useful, but have it professionally installed if you don't know what you're doing.
Good luck-

soarhead25 said:
Man,
Don't want your car to get stolen? Put a hidden switch in series with your starter relay.
If someone wants it bad enough, they'll jump it down at the starter after breaking the steering column, or just tow it away.
I'm assuming you have keyless entry because you have a 2000.
I could see where if you lived in the snow belt having a remote start might be useful, but have it professionally installed if you don't know what you're doing.
Good luck-

What problems does this system cause?

soarhead25 said:
Man,

In your experience, what went wrong with it? My 2000 Limited hasn't had any issues with it after 113,000 miles.

The newer the the jeep the more the system will fight the add on.......2000, your probably ok?
but if you must, have some one install it that has dun a few of them!!!!!!!

I like the hiding the sw my self but my jeep is a 89!;)

I don't have any experience with that system, but I thought I would pass along something that one of my friend's is having put on his 01 after it was stolen (and fortunately recovered) on the 6th in the DC area. It looks like a pretty impressive system and they make a lot of pretty bold claims. Probably a lot better than an alarm as long as you don't leave a bunch of stuff in sight that people will break in just to take.

http://www.neverstolen.com/

Back