• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I sold my XJ tonight

Safari Ary

NAXJA Forum User
:tear: Sold it to XJjosh. He seems like a good guy and I trust he'll take care of it and use it for what I built it. It was very hard to see it go, but it was necessary in the grand scheme of things. I've had a great time with you guys around here, and I'm sure I'll still stop in to see how things are going from time to time. There are no plans for another XJ at this point, I'm buying my dad's FJ80 after it comes back from the body shop(it was involved in an accident on Thursday, go figure right?). The rest of the money left over will go into my college savings. I'm going back to school in January to finish what I started. Thanks for all your help everyone, I was very proud of my Jeep and couldn't have built it without you.

Sincerely,

Arya Ebrahimi

Coal%20Hill%202.jpg

Last edited:
Being an adult and making those hard decisions sucks. Once you get out of school you will be able to build what ever you want. Congrats on your decision for the long run.

Safari Ary said:
:tear: Sold it to XJjosh. He seems like a good guy and I trust he'll take care of it and use it for what I built it. It was very hard to see it go, but it was necessary in the grand scheme of things. I've had a great time with you guys around here, and I'm sure I'll still stop in to see how things are going from time to time. There are no plans for another XJ at this point, I'm buying my dad's FJ80 after it comes back from the body shop(it was involved in an accident on Thursday, go figure right?). The rest of the money left over will go into my college savings. I'm going back to school in January to finish what I started. Thanks for all your help everyone, I was very proud of my Jeep and couldn't have built it without you.

Sincerely,

Arya Ebrahimi

Blah blah blah.

Why don't you and TOZOVR hold hands and skip through a parking lot full of Man Rovers.

:D

old_man said:
Being an adult and making those hard decisions sucks. Once you get out of school you will be able to build what ever you want. Congrats on your decision for the long run.

Old_man, thanks for the kind words, I don't know that they could be said any better.

Adam, STFU
thefinger.gif

Fergie said:
You going back for CM dgree or something Construction related?

Fergie

Yup, BS in Building Construction. I'm actually really looking forward to it. After an extraordinarily indepth year in the field, I feel like I will value the classes much more than someone straight out of HS.

Ary

Building Construction sounds pretty similar to CM.

What kind of stuff were you doing out on the jobsite? I picked up a decent part-time Project Management about a month ago and am loving every minute of it. It helps that so much stuff is going on around the campus right now. I get to rub elbows with some of the company reps that will be hiring next year, so hopefully this will be a foot in the door for me.

Good Luck man.

Fergie

I am basically a combination of quality assurance and production motivator. I confirm layouts, check dimensions, ensure proper materials and methods are used, and coordinate trades to ensure efficiency and timeliness. Basically from the trades' perspective I walk around all day and tell people how to do their job. :D From my bosses perspective I'm providing major ass coverage for the general contractor. I've also been fortunate to work with excellent people that really know their stuff and take a hands-on approach.

For a general contractor to be successful these days they have to be simultaneously quality and schedule oriented. We make our money by building the same quality job another contractor would build, but in 6 months less time. It costs the budget 30,000 a month for our "general requirements"(trailers, site team, associated bills, company vehicles, nextels, etc etc). So if we shave 6 months off of our project time, we just "made" $180,000. That's in addition to any savings negotiated into the buy-out of the job, or earned through change orders.

Anyway, it's a really exciting field and the career potential is endless.

Ary

Back