• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sneak Peak, XJ Low Profile Roof Rack

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcroffroad

www.jcroffroad.com
We are getting ready to release the first rack out of our upcoming rack line. This this the Low Profile rack that includes tire mount and Hi lift mount. The rack mounts to the Rain Gutter seams and easily is ubolted and removed. Pricing should be around $399ish. More racks and info to come :)

sneakpeakrack.jpg

jcroffroad said:
We are getting ready to release the first rack out of our upcoming rack line. This this the Low Profile rack that includes tire mount and Hi lift mount. The rack mounts to the Rain Gutter seams and easily is ubolted and removed. Pricing should be around $399ish. More racks and info to come :)

sneakpeakrack.jpg

Very nice. I'd be more than happy to demo it for you. :laugh3:

I'd be concerned about having only two mounting tabs per side. With a tire and hi-lift up there, I don't see it being able to handle much else without the risk of a weld failing or the tabs bending (to either side). Are the tabs reinforced, or is it just flat bar steel?

How much weight will it take before making contact with the roof? Any way to ad some sort of a wind shield to the front with cut outs for lights?

if you had a model to fit an mj id buy it

It looks like it could use a bit of reinforcement across the rack- looks like with a bigger tire or good bump it will flex a little too much and contact the roof as selarep was mentioning.
It also looks like the lights are very close to the roof - not such a bad thing, but again, load up the rack and they need to be aimed again. (it actually looks like the center lights are making contact)

400.00 FOR THAT? the outter clamp piece looks like the throw away piece of metal used in my SBS kit. you need at least 3 mounts per side and they need to be larger or rather wider to make more surface contact. I like the low profile look but i'd never trade my conferr for that. sorry to sound so critical but theres not much to that rack and for 399.00 plus 130.00 to ship it geez !

Pricing is actually at $299. We were thinking $399 for the rack with a floor and sides. I have no clue where the mix up happened, but the last two heartfelt posts reminded us.

There is no way shipping will be less than $130 unless we make it in two parts. UPS sucks, and we defiantly don't make money on shipping our products.

joe88xj said:
400.00 FOR THAT? the outter clamp piece looks like the throw away piece of metal used in my SBS kit. you need at least 3 mounts per side and they need to be larger or rather wider to make more surface contact. I like the low profile look but i'd never trade my conferr for that. sorry to sound so critical but theres not much to that rack and for 399.00 plus 130.00 to ship it geez !

Thanks for the criticism. Do you have data to support the 3 mounts per side, or are you pulling that number off the cuff? We have found for this rack holding a tire, hi-lift, and lights that two mounts per side is more than enough. If someone was uncomfortable with that, we could add another with no issues.

Once we design the full rack, we will again evaluate how many mounts that rack needs with the new loaded weight.

monkeyevil said:
Pricing is actually at $299. We were thinking $399 for the rack with a floor and sides. I have no clue where the mix up happened, but the last two heartfelt posts reminded us.

There is no way shipping will be less than $130 unless we make it in two parts. UPS sucks, and we defiantly don't make money on shipping our products.

Might I suggest the method that I got my 48x60 1-piece steel Blackout rack shipped by:

Greyhound Freight (yup, the bus company) - cost $65 to ship a beefy rack to my nearest Greyhound station where I picked it up.....and arrived in 3-4 days shipped from Arizona!

They ship oversize packages for that price...

http://www.shipgreyhound.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back