• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vB 3 Bugs? Post em here.

Glenn B

Member #69
NAXJA Member
Please post any bugs you may come across in this thread.
Include as much detail as is possible; including the exact error message you received, the URL or function you experienced the error at, as well as what hapened after the error: did it continue with the expected action (posted, deleted etc...) or was it a hard failure.
Thanks. :)

Bug fixed: Unable to delete single PM.

Bug Fixed: Edit or delete post.

(minor nuisance -- not a real problem)

Infrequently, when scrolling(bar) throught a thread I get a 'trail'(like a mouse trail) of one particular line in the thread -- it repeats down the entire screen --a second or two passes and it's all better.

Didn't happen on the last version of vBulletin.

running Ie v6.0.2800 on XP Pro.

Well, I think I found the resolution while I was browsing the 'other' :rolleyes: bug thread. I also had the disappearing post issue.

--> Don't use the Classic NAXJA theme (for now?) :bawl: it has issues.

Thanks anyway Tim. It was my favorite.

Last edited:
Lou said:
Well, I think I found the resolution while I was brousing the 'other' :rolleyes: bug thread. I also had the disappearing post issue.

--> Don't use the Classic NAXJA theme (for now?) :bawl: it has issues.

Thanks anyway Tim. It was my favorite.

Indeed it has issues. It has been removed. That one is not Tim's fault, he did the Red N Grey theme, not the old one.

It may be back at some point after further work on it.

OK... question... with the new forum software update, was the zend engine updated as well? If not, what could potentially be slowing down the loading of posts? What happens is that the original transfer is made, but then it goes into opening page and it's stuck there for a while. I thought for a while that it might be my ISP, but the issue seems to be isolated to the NAXJA forum only... I have also cleaned out my cache and for test purposed browsed through the regular pages on naxja.org and didn;t see any problems with them... so again that makes me wonder about the forums.

Kejtar said:
OK... question... with the new forum software update, was the zend engine updated as well? If not, what could potentially be slowing down the loading of posts? What happens is that the original transfer is made, but then it goes into opening page and it's stuck there for a while. I thought for a while that it might be my ISP, but the issue seems to be isolated to the NAXJA forum only... I have also cleaned out my cache and for test purposed browsed through the regular pages on naxja.org and didn;t see any problems with them... so again that makes me wonder about the forums.

Makes you wonder about the forums? Not sure what you infer by that?

No Zend was not changed, and has nothing to do with this aspect.

I suggest you go in to your UserCP and adjust your preferences to find a combination of settings that works for you. You may have the Standard or Enhanced editor enabled. Try using the Basic editor. The more features you have enabled, the more elements have to be loaded.

Also, more information is needed.
Define the time period for: "but then it goes into opening page and it's stuck there for a while"

What theme are you using? And do you see the same behaivior on other themes?

I just moved most of the CSS to cacheable files, and that saves a little download time. A few other features were knocked off.
Not much more fat to trim without people yelling about that. :D . The biggest perceivable slowdown (though very minor on my end) is eliminated by removing the "quick reply" feature. That is not an acceptable solution.

FWIW, most aspects seem faster to me, while a few seem a *little* slower. Perhaps the script writers will be able to speed up those areas with the next release.

Sooooo. That is where we are.

You may need to do an F5 refresh to use the slimmed down code, in case your machine is cacheing any aspects.

What happened to the gradients? Noticed that all of the forum styles are lacking the gradient images that give them that extra special smooth and sleek look....eh? :D

Skorpyo

Skorpyo said:
What happened to the gradients? Noticed that all of the forum styles are lacking the gradient images that give them that extra special smooth and sleek look....eh? :D

Skorpyo

Hmm. now that ya mention it, I see it. The only change with the CSS was moving them from the scripts in to a cache-able file in the hopes that is may be quicker for those complaining it is slow.

Hit me back channel if you do not see where they are, or if that setting wont work.

Glenn said:
Hmm. now that ya mention it, I see it. The only change with the CSS was moving them from the scripts in to a cache-able file in the hopes that is may be quicker for those complaining it is slow.

Hit me back channel if you do not see where they are, or if that setting wont work.

Okey dokey..figured it out. Since you changed the path to the styles and the call to the gradients was in relation to that I simply went and updated the paths from the styles to the gradient images.

You'll wanna add ../../ to the beginning to each style gradient reference in the CSS's or just toss in htt p://www.naxja.org/forum/ at the beginning.

Skorpyo

I'm still having the problem with editing/deleting posts. You can no longer do either after someone has replied to your post.

Yes, I have too much time on my hands....

With respect to 'New Posts' function:

At this time(dec22 ~12:30 est), it reports that M.H. posted an entry to thread 127436(Nalgene) at 12:01. There is no such post.

Forum indexes seem to report correctly. Is it possible that this post was deleted, but 'New Posts' didn't pick that up?

Private Messaging does not allow for a reply to sender. User must start a new message.

Back