• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix fuel rail return line

DieselSJ

NAXJA Forum User
A friend has a Renix and is needing the plastic clip that goes on the quick disconnect on the return line on the fuel rail. Dealers are all saying not available. Anyone have a source or any other solution?

Thanks!

Just get generic GM fuel line fittings, as GM still uses this style of fitting in it's current models. One is 3/8" and the other is 5/16" the rubber line will attach directly to the fuel fitting.
I used these both before and after I swapped to a 94 fuel rail on my 88.

The dorman/help! isle at autozone carries them... but i dunno which is the cause of the perpetual plastic leak, the crappy dorman part, or the design. It could be either and i wouldnt be surprised. But theyre out there.

Yeah, I used one of those little $4.99 Dorman Help! misc. fuel line kits from O'Reilly's on my Renix. It didn't want to clip in/hold at first, but I aggressively bent the two little toothed flangy deals so they made better contact and it has held very well since, even after disconnecting a few times to swap injectors. IIRC there are two tiny O-rings - one on the plastic fitting and one down in the hose connector. If you're missing one or it pinches/shifts you get a nasty fuel spray everywhere. A dental pick or carefully bent wire is nice to have when adjusting the one on the hose side.

Once you get the right ones they are one tight bear to install, a real PITA!!! I think I got mine finally at Rock auto or Morris 4x4 IIRC as all the local stores had none of the right sized ones.

Back