• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Requirement to run 33x12.50/15

Lake919

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I’m getting ready to put a long arm system on my 95 XJ, I want to run 33x12.50’s on 15 inch steel wheels. What size rim would you recommend? Do I need spacers? Thanks.

15x8 allows for a better seat on the beat when aired down . 3.75 back spacing would be my reccomendation and that’s what I will be running no on the spacers .

at a minimum 15x8 with 4" backspacing. I have 33x10.50R15s on the stock 5 spokes (15x7 w 5.5" backspacing) and their is about 3/4"-1" between my sidewall and leafspring

Requirement to run 33's on an XJ? A NHRA spec roll cage, or it'll fold like a taco. :D

No it only folds like a taco if you put a dual battery setup in it. The XJ cannot hold that kind of weight on the flimsy unibody. :eeks1:

I'm running Clayton's longarms on my 90, 33X12.5X15 tires on 15X8 wheels. 4" BS, IIRC.

Can't say that would be better than 3.75" BS, but it works. I have done moderate fender trimming and run BW fender flares . I am going to be going to the flatfender steel flares after a bit. I am not impressed by the $400 plastic flares, have already ripped a few off the vehicle.

on my 99 i went with 15x8 with 4'' back spacing, that seems to work rather well for turning, plan on trimming if you havent.

for what its worth i would recommend the proper backspaced wheels (3.75-4) rather than spacers.

It won’t see hard wheeling often. I will be running the foothills and mountains of northern AL and TN and next year will be making a trip to Moab with my buddy.

keeping it in the parking lot? nothing.

flexing it? considerable trimming AND bumpstopping

3" short arm lift and 33x12.50 on my XJ. Needed the full length Daystar bumpstops to keep them from eating themselves on the inner fenders flexed out. I drilled holes in the ends of the stops to soften them a little as we do a lot of high speed running in the desert here.

3" short arm lift and 33x12.50 on my XJ. Needed the full length Daystar bumpstops to keep them from eating themselves on the inner fenders flexed out. I drilled holes in the ends of the stops to soften them a little as we do a lot of high speed running in the desert here.

like that idea! going to 6.5" and 35" soon. will keep that in mind, I know I'll need to redo bumps

I'm running 33x12.50 on 15x10 wheels with 3.75" BS. They stick way out (like 5" outside the fender in the front) but are super stable in the off-camber. With about 3.5" of lift and the fenders heavily trimmed I still use about 4" of bump stop to keep the tires from getting chewed. With the wide rims I can run the tires about 25 psi on the road and get very even wear and load across the face of the tread, dropping to about 8-10 psi off road with no issues.

Back