• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1996 XJ Under dash Mystery Connector and loom

AlexNL

NAXJA Forum User
Hello All,

Excuse me for not introducing myself the propper way, i Will get to that later.

I'm Alex, 26 years old from The Netherlands. I'm a Mechanical Engineer for a living. :wave:

I own a 96 XJ Classic auto trans 4wd 4.0 6cil. It came with an aftermarket alarm system.

When removing the alarm system I came across a not-used plug dangling at the end of a somewhat suspicious looking wiring loom. The loom itself has 3 relays tied into it and an inline fuse holder. At the end is a large connector with multiple leads. 6 of them are jumped in pairs. Those jumped pairs can be traced back to the ignition switch loom and to the ignition switch itself.

My question: does anyone know what this plug (and the loom/relays) is for? There is no receptacle for it to plug into under the dash.

Pictures i took:

Plug with relays and fuse holder with loom

Plug with jumped wires (these are starter/ignition related)

Where the 'suspisious' loom connects to the ignition switch.

Where the 'suspicious' loom is taped to an existing loom.

Two connectors from the 'suspicious' loom to the ignition switch big plug.

(I hope this is the right way to ask this question, if not please tell me.)

I searched and searched and searched on google and serveral forums but could not find the answer to this question... Driving me nuts. :spin1:

Thank you in advance,

Alex

i cant seem to find a connector with that color and wires in the fsm. does this connector look original or is it clipped on to wires somewhere? those blue wire taps are not original.

Back