• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2wd auto to 4wd manual conversion guidance.

Ok so the bushing worked.
Have the trans installed and ready to start on the wiring.
The donor xj wiring doesn't match up to the new one so may be a bit of a headache here.
Working nights right now so when I get off in the morning, I'll try to figure this out.

Jumped B to C on the black trans plug like the write up suggests.
It does crank and run.
However I can't figure out reverse lighting.
Didn't have much time either.

Does anyone know what all is involved with reverse light function?

There should be a switch on the transmission and there is a wire in the same plug you jumped pins b and c. I don't have a diagram on me. I will try and check in a bit.

There is a two pin plug on my trans but it was connected to the computer wiring harness.
I have the T-Case/ speedo wring under the the hood with the old plug ready to be modified.
Info is very vague on the electrical portion of the swap.

Here is the ax15 reverse light plug and the sensor.
Located on the passengers side. They can get damaged in removal. I broke the one on the ax5 rather easily trying to do some maintenance.

863131a5b5c1be71363294a5e80d3c10.jpg
66684f74bb96b1b9ec0743e7a2767aa3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried jumping the two pins associated with the reverse lamp operation but nothing happened.
It is a '94 so maybe the bulbs are bad.
Didn't get much of a nap at work last night so I didn't spend much time at the shop.
Otherwise, all I have left is pedal and slave cylinder install.
Have the console installed, looks like it came from the factory with a 5 speed and transfer case, except I don't have a T-case shifter bezel.
Will have to try and find one.

One thing that I'm pondering on is grabbing the t-case wiring piece off of another '94-'95 xj if I can find one to have the extended speedo wiring and see if the dash light provision is available if I do that.
If not, then I'll just do some rigging.
Going to clip off the Nss pigtail as well so I can make an official bypass.

Back