• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My unibody "stiffeners" .......... frame rail strengtheners upgrades tie in

Re: My unibody "stiffeners" .......... frame rail strengtheners upgrades tie in

thats very smooth... i like it a lot and it really conforms to the stock rails... nice job i think i am going this route soon considering some kits are 150 plus... nice work... did you use a combo of self tappers at all or just plug welds?

Aparke4-
No self tappers. Just plug welds and stitch welds. I would stay away from the self tappers if it were me. Just my opinion though. Im sure others would agree

thanks for the response thats what i am going to do then... i like the idea of the nuts welded in the bracing for any addition skids or cross members... very cool thanks again

I really like the look of those, and like your web-page / blog too.

To save me (an others probably) some time, do you have measurements of the angle used, including the location&length of the 'bent' piece in the centre??

It would be really appreciated as I could start some material orders and fabrication done before getting under the Jeep in the wet & cold (it's parked away from the workshop at the moment).

Thanks in advance and well done again.

I agree very nice. It would be great to have the angles posted. I am getting ready to do the TnT Y link upgrade. It would be sweet to know these angles as I think I am going to do this at the same time as the upgrade.

I dont remember exactly the angle measurements, but the two notches are made approx. 7 inches apart measuring from the bottom of the notch. I think I made mine with about a three eights gap at the top of the notch which will bring the angle pretty close. The total length of each side is 5 feet which will leave you a little extra to box around the rear spring hangers. I made my first notch at 2 feet if I remeber right and the second one 7 inches from there. Hope that is enough to get you started, but make sure to make your own measurements once you get your material.

Very nice I will put that on my list. I gues mine will not be as long because of the Full Traction Long Arm brackets that are attached to the unibody.

Back