• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8th Annual Reno Run

#S194

FMR SIERRA CHAPTER HMFIC
NAXJA Member
Folks, the Sierra Chapter BOD is happy to announce we will be holding the 8th Annual Reno Run on Memorial Day Weekend, Thursday May 24th to Monday May 28th.

We have the RV site reserved at Davis Creek Campground this year, thanks to Gordon.

More details to follow. :patriot:

We will be inspecting every vehicle this year!

We have the camp a day early this year, we suggest getting up there thursday evening since the price for red name camping is the same whether you show up Thurs or Fri.

Base camp is in Washoe Valley at Davis creek camp.

We are asking that everyone bring firewood that can. If everyone brings a little firewood in their rig, we will be fine. Post up on here if can you bring some firewood

Please have a CB and /or a Baofeng race radio for communication.
Go over every suspension and steering bolt in your entire rig before leaving
Especially tighten your leaf U bolts, check your center pins. Bring spare center pins.
Bring a fire extinguisher.
Make sure you have spare sensors and parts as needed.
Make sure your rig has been gone through and is in tip top shape.
Battery hold down is a must, no bungee cords.
No 260 U joint shafts on dana 30s, and no dana 35s allowed.

Thursday May 24th - Arrive at Davis Creek Group camp, Setup your camp. Go into Carson for Food and supplies.

Friday May 25th - Depart camp between 2:30- 3pm to head to gas up in Carson City, then head to Prison Hill. Possible PNP run in the morning for 50% off weekend. Any vehicle can go.

Saturday May 26th - Depart camp at 8:00am . 2 runs, an easier and a harder run. Easy run will be something like Steves Loop led by Eric and may possibly be Steves loop. Harder run will be chosen by Alan depending on the rigs going. I think 31s are the minimum requirement for Steves Loop ?
Saturday evening
BBQ at Davis Creek camp after the days runs.
There will possibly be time before or after runs to head to Summit or PNP for parts.

Sunday - Bronco Canyon . This is an all day run. its far. Expect to get back late. Depart at 7:00am Led by Eric and/OR Alan . This trail is further away and is a all day trail. Bring lots of water. Bring parts, bring tools, bring sunscreen, bring a spare chair if you want , and bring extra food. Sometimes we get out of Bronco incredibly late. Bring more extra water than you think you will need.
BBQ back at Gordons house in the Virgina Highlands after Bronco instead of the usual pizza party ( Thanks Gordon !). We have had some Bronco runs in the past where we are out early and out to pizza and back at camp by midnight. We have also had bronco runs where we get back to camp at 2am after InnOut burger so be prepared. Its an amazing trail. Did I mention bring lots of water? We talked about upping the minimum requirements to 35s and lockers Front and Rear for Bronco. Exceptions will be made so just ask. we have gotten much less built rigs through Bronco but the entrance to the trail has gotten much harder. Dana 30s bring spare front shafts.

Monday- Go home. Stop by Cabellas on your way .

Last edited by a moderator:
Notice we going in a day early this year everyone- thursday instead of friday , trying to give folks more time to get settled in and relax.

Nice. Thank you Gordon!

Im curious, I know things are still in the planning stages but are we thinking the first run will still be Friday afternoon/evening similar to previous years.?

Just guessing and trying to build off Jons comment about more time to get settled in camp.

Last edited:
Nice. Thank you Gordon!

Im curious, I know things are still in the planning stages but are we thinking the first run will still be Friday afternoon/evening similar to previous years.?

Just guessing and trying to build off Jons comment about more time to get settled in camp.

Yes, the schedule will remain the same with the first run on Friday afternoon. We reserved the campsite for Thursday night so folks can come up a day early and get settled if they wish.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but I'm interested....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The chapter has an annual run to Reno where we camp at Davis Creek Park outside of Carson City and wheel local trails. Its a good time...you should consider coming.

It is def a fun run. I have made it a point to go every year since I moved to the Sac area even if my jeep wasn't running. There should be threads from past years that will give you an idea of what to expect.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1140725&highlight=reno
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1136315&highlight=reno
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1140613&highlight=reno

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1124999&highlight=reno
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1128161&highlight=reno

Last edited:
I’ll be living in Colorado by the time of this run, but I’m still going to try and make it. One of my all time favorite runs.

Carson city, reno, sparks, spanish springs. Thats the general area. We are camping at davis creek camp in Washoe valley . We rent the massive group site and all stay there together

Is the RV campsite we have the one where we don’t have to camp on the bluff above the parking lot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skipper its the non-bluff one that we booked this year. This one is an easy drive up group spot. We call it the good spot

Thank you Gordon and Lou . This is amazing as I’ve never been able to stay at the good camp spot. I’m looking forward to this event great anticipation.

Back