• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Easy welding job anyone?

CarbonXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in Columbia, SC and need an easy welding job for a trailer I'm working on. It's a
basic Lowe's trailer I got cheap new and have built up a bit for my
uses. My local welder has always done me right, but for some reason quoted me an
outrageous price on this job. Maybe a bad day for him?...

I'd like to have to pieces of 2x3 channel, same as the tongue, welded up to
create a semi A-frame to stiffen up the front. In the photo below
I'd like the channel to run from the end of the label on the tongue to edge of the
first cross brace on each side. I can even fit the channel so all you have to do is weld it on, pending me
finding scrap channel to use. Heck, even scrap angle iron like the trailer itself has would work.

0418170750 by A2thejackson, on Flickr

One, if you were close, I'd do it for free. Two, I would consider making a sleeve out of some C-channel that can bolt onto the neck and weld the bits to that. That way if you ever need to replace the neck you can still unbolt it from the trailer and the sleeve, drill a couple holes in the new neck and be on your way.

I'm in Abbeville SC. My welds aren't the prettiest but I can make things stick together. Make the parts, pay for some consumables and we'll make it happen.

Last edited:
Dan that sounds like a good idea. I will try to make that happen, since it is just two large bolts holding the tongue on anyways...

Lowrange, I'm good with that. I'll send you a message. BTW, didn't you sell me that wheel recently?

I'm in Hartsville and can help if needed.

Back