• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Build: One Thursday at a time... Its the only day I can work on the XJ.

vwJarhead

NAXJA Forum User
Well I started with a 1990 Laredo and the parts list is as follows:

-Waggy D44 front and rear with Moser shafts and 4.88 gears
-Detroit Auto Locker in front
-Full time spool in rear
-TnT Y Link
-6.5'' Coils in front with 1'' puck
-5.5'' Leafs with 1.75'' Shackles in rear
-AJ's Sliders
-Treks Unibody Stiffeners
-15x10 6 lug wheels and 33x12.5 Pro Comp M/T's
-AA SYE and RE drive shaft
-SkyJacker Nitro Shocks

So in 2 Thursday session I have removed the rear and replaced with the D44 and installed the rear suspension. I also had a chance to prime and paint the Y link parts.(for rust prevention, not for the looks) I will be starting on the front end tomorrow...
SSPX3965.jpgSSPX3956.jpg

Damn it , how do you post more than 2 pics and in a better size?

Use the IMG tags. There is an icon when you post of a picture. Use that and host the images on photobucket. That is what I do.

Here is a link to the build thus far.
http://s688.photobucket.com/albums/vv243/Spartan0311/

SSPX3895.jpg

[/b]I have never been handy with a wrench and have never done a project like this so bear with the slow build. I hope to have it done for NACFEST in June.

When you go to PB look to the right and down and you will see 4 snipets of code. Where is says share this image. Use the last one labled IMG. Just copy and paste.

Last edited:
I guess I should have posted seperate instead of editing you post. Sorry just trying to help. TY for your service. If I can help you let me know. We have a chat that is available for members. I can meet you there and talk you through this if you need me to.

I guess I should have posted seperate instead of editing you post. Sorry just trying to help. TY for your service. If I can help you let me know. We have a chat that is available for members. I can meet you there and talk you through this if you need me to.
Will do, and Thanks.

only 33s? with that much lift.. why not go with 35s or 36s

only 33s? with that much lift.. why not go with 35s or 36s
Because wearing out the 33's gives me time to get the cash for the 36's. Besides, great flexability and ABSOLUTELY NO RUBBING! win/win

Back