• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

the car you never should have sold......

shortxjdoug

NAXJA Forum User
ok most people have one in their past, that awesome or fun car or jeep that had to go or you sold and didn't realize what a cool ride you had. so post up if you got e'm, just curios as to everybody's elses other vehicles they have a history with. i Know what mine is, 1991 ford taurus SHO, 5 speed with a performance aluminum block v-6, it was ugly but fast and ridiculously fun, and when i was hurtin for cash i never should have let her go about a year and a half ago.
DSC01178.jpg

DSC01175.jpg

DSC01176.jpg

Mine was a 91 Camaro RS. I have wished many many times I hadn't got rid of it. I had alot of time and money in it. It could out run a stock Z28 in the 1/4. Somewhat of a sleeper.

No pics handy.

shortxjdoug said:
ok most people have one in their past, that awesome or fun car or jeep that had to go or you sold and didn't realize what a cool ride you had. so post up if you got e'm, just curios as to everybody's elses other vehicles they have a history with. i Know what mine is, 1991 ford taurus SHO, 5 speed with a performance aluminum block v-6, it was ugly but fast and ridiculously fun, and when i was hurtin for cash i never should have let her go about a year and a half ago.
DSC01178.jpg

DSC01175.jpg

DSC01176.jpg

Reminds me of my SHO. 91, 5 speed, basically the same car you had except Maroon with a Black Interior. Was a great car until I uhh....rolled it...

But the vehicle I never should have sold is my first truck. 79 Bronco, 351, C6, NP205, Hp 44 and 9" rear. I learned a ton from that truck. It's the first vehicle I ever wheeled with. It was cosmetically a piece of crap, but i was proud of it. Sold it to a friend, and I had an opportunity to buy it back about a year ago, but passed on it. So I'm kicking myself twice about that one.

The only car i regret selling was a 95 Mustang GT. Arrest me red, 5 speed, black interior. It was fun and sounded awesome.

Never should have sold any of them. (Except the crappy electrical-disease-ridden 90's Pontiacs. ) The ones I really regret are my 82 Camaro Z28 and my 68 Ford Galaxie convertible.

My wife's 1989 Dodge 2000GTX. Basically it was a canadian Mitsubishi Galant. The thing handled like a dream, had decent acceleration for a four banger, and had the most comfortable seats I've ever been in.

Her father pressured her in to trading him it for a '91 Taurus wagon, which ended up having numerous problems that cost us a bundle to fix. Her dad gave it to my wife's sister who promptly smashed the rear quarter panel and sold it to someone. Last I heard the new owner has crumpled both the front and the rear ends and it barely runs.

I still miss that car.

Pat

Well count all of yourselves as lucky; all those cars are (reletively) replaceable. For example: My favorite car until recently was a 2000 BMW M Roadster. I bought it on a whim, and got an amazing deal on it. I paid $19,500 for it, put 10k miles on it before selling it for $23,000. Needing a clutch. Needing a service. Needing tires. At that point, that was the funnest car I'd ever owned.

That idea stuck in my head, so when it came to buy a new car a few months ago, I tracked down the cleanest, lowest mileage, 2001 BMW M Roadster I could find. Of course this one also had the higher output motor, so it was that much better. All that being said, I'm already to move on: Been there, done that. Time for something new. Point is, there are LOTS of cars out there...variety is the spice of life. :D

Here's what gets me, though:

My dad was involved in sports car racing in the late 50's and early 60's. He also worked in the car business, so he also came across good deals on cool cars. He owned 2 Allard J2X's. Too many Jaguar XK-120 to count. An Aston Martin DB4 GT factory lightweight. A Ferrari 250TR. Those are the most valuable, but there were countless others of lesser value, but still amaing cars. We actually figured out what the cars were worth had he kept them today the the number was over $10,000,000. THOSE are cars "you never should have sold." :cry:

I still wish I had this sucker. Free 1995 Dodge Intrepid. Looked like hell. Bad steering. Got it from a family friend, who said 'If you can fix it, its yours." $120 later in some steering and suspension, it was on the road. Ran like a dream. Got 25+ MPG. Sat 4 comfortably. Large trunk. Removeable front bumper. Sold it for $300 to some sucker who I see still drives it. I should buy it back. Glad I still have my other babies. :tear:

I off roaded the piss out of it. Jumped it. Flex it out. Ran it into a hill of big boulders pretending I was a WRC driver. Battery arched out on the hood a few times. Did everything I wouldn't do in my XJ. Ebrake skids were fun. Burnouts till the tires showed cords. Man I miss the great times and gas mileage.

134-3472_IMG.jpg

134-3484_IMG.jpg

134-3470_IMG.jpg

Believe it or not. A 93 Plymouth Voyager LE van. Thing had 260k on it, with no real work done, (did rebuild the transaxle at 190k, but hey 190k) didn't burn any oil, and was decent on gas. I shure do miss the room in that thing. It was all pimped out with molded fiberglass running boards, a sun visor, rear wind deflector, full tint, a set Eagle wheels, and most importently......it was a woody!

1984 Olds Cutlass. Nothing real special about it, but great mileage, lots of power, very comfortable, and I still think one of the best looking cars I've owned. Something about the styling that appeals to me.

1970 Triumph GT6+

If I had kept it, there'd be a small block under the bonnet by now.

I miss my 98 ZJ. It was fast, comfy and sexy looking. Definately my favorite vehicle I have owned yet.

I can't say I should not have sold it though. It was on the verge of needing tons of work, I got out while the getting was good.

I would love to get my hands on another one sometime.

ZJ6.jpg

Back