• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RoM 2010

xxmidianxx

NAXJA Forum User
I know its REALLY early to start planning this but next year I don't want a "Run" I want an "Event"!

Lets try and host diffrent events and give out NICE prizes for them. Cal and I spoke after this run and he told me he will make it up to us for the next RoM. I know we are going to do the chili cook off again. I really love the idea of the ChiaSpeed event and I am very sure we can come up with a few more ideas like a crawl through the rock garden.

And maybe... JUAT MAYBE be able you get the park to ourselves. But that alst depends on the number of COMMITTED XJers and others we can get and a few other things. I really liked the fact we were not running into alot of people out there.

But really lets try and do this! Ideas anyone?

I completely agree on having a real event, with different prizes for different ORGANIZED events as well. I am going to start gathering up some 4x4 posts and lumber and such that I have lying around so that next time we go we can pick out a good spot for NAXJA RRC Camp and start building a structure. I have tons of scrap lumber around here, but if someone else could help come up with tin or something for a roof that would be a great help. I may go back down in a few weekends to start scouting for a good campsite, if anyone else wants to come along they are welcome to.

Okay, here's what the members need to do to make it an event:

1) Make some suggestions about the "Organized Events" you'd like to see. Feel free to steal ideas from others.

2) BUY STUFF. It's hard to have a serious event when we have less than $200 to work with. Start making purchases at the shop or even just donate some cash. Maybe we should consider charging a "Cover" for the event that includes a T-shirt, meal, etc.

3) SHOW UP. With the understanding that life happens, we still only get about a 20% participation rate at any event. If you want bigger and better, you have to show that your committed to attending.

Here's what the BOD will have to do:

1) Start Planning now. Right now. This moment.
2) Work with National to arrange the goodies.
3) Make some decisions about how we want to use the limited funds available to us.

If everyone does their part, we could easily make an event to remember.

BOD, I'll put together a document for us to start tracking tasks associated with a big event and we can start delegating responsibilities as needed.

Also if we can get goodies from Nationals early we can start selling raffle tickets early (at least collecting the money), and that will help cover the costs of the event as well. Also I am not necessarily against a "cover" charge, but I know money is a big issue to most, and with the admission to the park, and a cover it might deter people from attending. Of course the more people we have attend the more we collect so the more people who would attend, the less the cover charge "could be", but we have no way of knowing unless we sold tickets to the event up front.

We may also be able to get some of the Naxja members or even members local to the RRC to donate some of the money if we have shirts made, and put their names/ads on the back of said shirts.

Hell even if we could just get items donated sporadically throughout the year, and raffle them off online and ship them to the winner. That would be a good way to add some funds to the chapter account.

Also if we can get goodies from Nationals early we can start selling raffle tickets early (at least collecting the money), and that will help cover the costs of the event as well. Also I am not necessarily against a "cover" charge, but I know money is a big issue to most, and with the admission to the park, and a cover it might deter people from attending. Of course the more people we have attend the more we collect so the more people who would attend, the less the cover charge "could be", but we have no way of knowing unless we sold tickets to the event up front.

This is the idea but a few things:

1. From what I understand we are supposed to get ALL our raffle prizes at the start of the year and raffle them off through out the year.

2. If we hold an event like this that park will be all ours (muhahaha) but the cost of the park will be covered and the "cover charge" will go back to "us". So I don't think there will be a gate fee.

Ok here is something that needs to be covered... Will it be just a NAXJA RRC Event? Or a whole NAXJA event? Or even open to anyone?

How many days? Friday, Saturday And Sunday? Or just 2 of those days?

I agree, I guess we just need to gather up all the details (as far as what we will have and not have, gate fees, park to ourselves, etc...) and get them posted up so we can have an idea what direction to go from there.

This event is open to any NAXJA member. We can probably work a deal with gate fees and camping fees with Barnwell if we did it as a closed event. We can do like other clubs who hold events like that and charge a entry fee part of which goes to entrance and camping costs at the park. The remaining can go back to the club or also maybe catering for the event.

How much would we have to pay the park to have a closed event? Seems like a good idea, but if attendance sucks then we are stuck with a big bill, and not that many paying entry fees to us.

How much would we have to pay the park to have a closed event? Seems like a good idea, but if attendance sucks then we are stuck with a big bill, and not that many paying entry fees to us.

Thats the reason we never did Katemcy. Of course, Katemcy is $3000, so if Barnwell is cheaper it might be worth looking into. Anyone know how the MegaRun folks handle it?

Well of course we will do Pre Register thing so that could give us an idea but yes we need to know how much we are looking st to start.

Anyone know how the MegaRun folks handle it?

I was thinking the same thing last night.

Well I just contacted BMRA via email and asked what it would take to have a private event there. So I hope to hear back from them in the next day or so.

Cool.... I am interested in what they say.... In the mean time, tell me how to get my hands on one of those windshield banners. :)

I say we have 3 events plus the Chili Cook Off and Raffle.

Events:
1)ChiaSpeed- Timed course around part of the park (If we can get it to ourselves).
2)Rock Garden Crawl- Just what it means
3) I DON"T KNOW.. A lil help on this one would be nice.

First or 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each event gets a prize and then the top 3 points people for the weekend gets better prizes. Point scoring can be decided a lil later.

Then 3 classes of rigs, Stock, Stock Mod, and Extreme (I don't know if I like the last class being called Extreme, something to work out as we go I guess)

Stock Class: 30" and smaller tires, Less then 2 inches of lift, Open/Open

Stock Mod. Class: 31" to 33" tires, 3" to 5" of lift, Open or Locked/ Open

Extreme Class: 35"+ tires, 5.5"+ of lift, Locked/Locked/Limitted Slip

I know a few of the rigs out there fall into a grey area, but I was thinking the classes will mainly depend on tire size and Lift.

Back