• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

one ton long arms?

xjrugger

NAXJA Forum User
when i eventually do my dana 60's project i will ditch my short arms. I will go long arm but what brand can i use for arms and drop brackets that will work. I have the RE drop brackets now but i will most likely have to ditch them. Is there any recommendations as to what company makes long arms and cross member bracketry that will hold up to dana 60's. Should i ditch the short arms? They work great now and have no unloading issues. Is full tarctions hardware good enough??? RE long arms???

Get a 78-79 F350 d60 so you have room for long arm brackets on the axle tube, then build your own brackets and long arms. 1/4in wall lower links will hold up fine round or box tube. Plate the frame with angle or box tube sleving to support the frame end mounts for the radius arms (long arms).
Id use a 7/8 or 1.25in Heims at the frame ends and bushings at all other points. Jonny Joints (liek RE joints) are ok, but I preferr Bearings.

ashmanjeepxj said:
Get a 78-79 F350 d60 so you have room for long arm brackets on the axle tube, then build your own brackets and long arms. 1/4in wall lower links will hold up fine round or box tube. Plate the frame with angle or box tube sleving to support the frame end mounts for the radius arms (long arms).
Id use a 7/8 or 1.25in Heims at the frame ends and bushings at all other points. Jonny Joints (liek RE joints) are ok, but I preferr Bearings.

Great info, ashman your truggy is awesome. Do u know what the wms to wms is on that ford d60? I will measure my rear 60 this week to see how close thay are. I bought the d60 for 200 bucks for a complete reaR BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS OUT OF.

Back